Oh Sweet Aristocrat

Obie

Veteran
Gentlemen,
The Gillette Aristocrat is the most beautiful safety razor ever made. To me, anyway. The razor is joy to shave with. A jewel in the hand. The only negatives are the exposed blade tabs. But then what’s life without a little sin?
This is my 1949 Gillette British Aristocrat. Oh how sweet.
3BCBC923-6D25-44BF-8E5C-2A1FC196F9E7.jpeg
 

UKRob

Forum GOD!
My razor - above - is USA make and I see that the knurling is different to the photos of the British razor - straight as opposed to barber pole. Is that the way to tell the difference or are there other variations?
 

Obie

Veteran
I have the same one and adore it. Your case is vastly better than mine though.
My box is in superb shape. I must say I am intrigued about this person who received the Aristocrat as a gift. Who was he? What did he do? The year was 1949 and the war was over. As a Vietnam veteran, I am curious about these circumstance. Indeed, who was he?
 

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
My box is in superb shape. I must say I am intrigued about this person who received the Aristocrat as a gift. Who was he? What did he do? The year was 1949 and the war was over. As a Vietnam veteran, I am curious about these circumstance. Indeed, who was he?
It is a wonderfully intriguing, thought provoking addition. Who was he, how did he live? It adds a real human element to the razor instead of us objectifying it. The engraving is lovely work too.
 

Mike Smart

Forum GOD!
Gentlemen,
The Gillette Aristocrat is the most beautiful safety razor ever made. To me, anyway. The razor is joy to shave with. A jewel in the hand. The only negatives are the exposed blade tabs. But then what’s life without a little sin?
This is my 1949 Gillette British Aristocrat. Oh how sweet.
View attachment 130684
This Was my last shave
It’s actually a Vintage Japanese Razor made by Hitachi,
I often wonder if it’s an Aristocrat Clone
BA7B725F-12E7-4EF5-B491-3E1CC606AD55.jpeg
 
Top