October 2020 Acquisitions

Dr Watson

James
A vintage butterscotch Rooney boar brush, which appears to be NOS. I have not used a real boar brush before, and I'm looking forward to trying it.
I had a vintage Rooney boar, good brushes. Definitely give it a couple of palm lathers before using it on your face would be my advice as it may be a bit scratchy until the tips begin to split.
 

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
150gr. BV soap bar for a tenner.




Plus two perfumes and two scented after shaves:




The Joop I always wanted to try, the BV Pour Homme Parfum however was a tough call.
It was a blind buy as the event was a bazaar 80% off and no sampling/tester was generally available.
They had all four BV scents, and from these the BV Pour Homme Extreme as well as the Parfum are discontinued (at least to my understanding).

After opening the BV PH shave cream jar, I can say that indeed the PH is quite more balanced than all other editions.

Last but not least, Molton Brown: £3.60/100ml bottle, shower gels, conditioners,, body lotions, shampoos, you name it - all scents.
How to resist?

 

pimple8

Forum GOD!
I agree. Thing is if I wanted an unscented soap I'd choose one. Both Moon soaps had unacceptable weak scents. I don't normally make a big deal about scents but these soaps aren't cheap and they are marketed as 'scented'. Also after watching reviews on YouTube you would think these are some of the greatest scented soaps of all time. Slight exaggeration but you catch my drift.
Haven't tried those two, but i have Union & Havana, and I can't say the scent is weak.
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Haven't tried those two, but i have Union & Havana, and I can't say the scent is weak.
The two I bought were from the same shop so maybe a batch?
Kensurfs mentioned the Sorrento was "very light". Other reviewers on YouTube thought Old School had a strong scent.
 
Top