Occams V2 - AC/ SE Razor

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I am still on a learning curve with the Occams V2. Having changed to a No3 plate the aggressive one according to the Supplier, I used it yesterday with a Schick Proline, and though great around cheek an neck, found it a tad harsh on the chin.

Today I changed the Blade to a Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink, and the Shave was very good, much better round the chin than the Proline. The Shave Time is much shorter than when using a No2 plate, very similar time to when using other AC/SEs or the likes of an ER Streamline/ 1924. I am fast reaching the opinion that with its variable plates and shaving performance this is the best AC/SE Razor that I have used. Yes I know I have not tried the Vector, but strangely I find that that the "Spud Peeler" handle makes the Occams incredibly manoeuvrable.

Contrary to popular thought loading/unloading blades is not a problem, neither is changing the variable aggression plates.
Blade changing is dead easy, haven’t even bothered with that little tool they supply.

I haven’t even also bothered changing from plate 2. For me it’s a case of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I get great shaves and I totally agree with you, best AC/SE out there.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I have now had the opportunity to try out this Razor [ Oren ] and the latest Occam Offerings- The Enoch & Hiram Commander. The Latter unfortunately were subject to manufacturing defects, but I have fully functioning ones which I have used for a while. This Week I have tried all 3.

I have a quite heavy beard and Shave Daily .
Day 1 The Enoch/ Feather Proguard.
The cutting angle is more off the guard than other AC/SE Razors. Very little blade feel and the Razor with this blade might be deemed Mild. I did get a nice close all round finish but it took a long time. Will have to try other blades.
Day 2. Hiram Commander/ Plate 3 and Schick Proline [ 6 ]
A very nice Shave a good degree of blade feel, and I very quickly and without any problems got an extremely good close all round finish .
Day 3. Oren / Plate 3 / Feather Proguard [ 5 ]. Though there was not a great degree of blade feel, the Shave was over quite quickly and besides being very smooth and comfortable the finish was ultra close all round, and the best of the 3. I really am in possession of a real out of bounds "Face Stroker"

I have now used all 3 of the Occams Razors long enough to say that for me, the rather un-razor looking Oren is the best of the 3 for delivering a trouble free Top Notch Shave. It looks are quirky but I find it very easy to manoeuvre and it is great when working ATG and along the jawline and neck. I do like the looks of the other Two, but for me the Oren is the best Shaving implement .

IMG_0652.jpg

Last edited:
I have now had the opportunity to try out this Razor [ Oren ] and the latest Occam Offerings- The Enoch & Hiram Commander. The Latter unfortunately were subject to manufacturing defects, but I have fully functioning ones which I have used for a while. This Week I have tried all 3.

I have a quite heavy beard and Shave Daily .
Day 1 The Enoch/ Feather Proguard.
The cutting angle is more off the guard than other AC/SE Razors. Very little blade feel and the Razor with this blade might be deemed Mild. I did get a nice close all round finish but it took a long time. Will have to try other blades.
Day 2. Hiram Commander/ Plate 3 and Schick Proline [ 6 ]
A very nice Shave a good degree of blade feel, and I very quickly and without any problems got an extremely good close all round finish .
Day 3. Oren / Plate 3 / Feather Proguard [ 5 ]. Though there was not a great degree of blade feel, the Shave was over quite quickly and besides being very smooth and comfortable the finish was ultra close all round, and the best of the 3. I really am in possession of a real out of bounds "Face Stroker"

I have now used all 3 of the Occams Razors long enough to say that for me, the rather un-razor looking Oren is the best of the 3 for delivering
a trouble free Top Notch Shave. It looks are quirky but I find it very easy to manoeuvre and it is great when working ATG and along the jawline and neck. I do like the looks of the other Two, but for me the Oren is the best Shaving implement .

View attachment 65846
Thanks for that Mike , you reinforce my opinion , I keep going back to the Oren , it is my only razor I have at the ready in the bathroom now .

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Thanks for that Mike , you reinforce my opinion , I keep going back to the Oren , it is my only razor I have at the ready in the bathroom now .
Hi Derrick,
I have used it at Home and away from Home in different Bathrooms, and always delivers.The Enoch rather reminds of The Sabre V1 too mild. Believe we were lucky as they are sold out now.Must be your bargain of 2020 as you got customs refund.
Regards-Mike

MPF9

Forum GOD!
All I use now is the Oren, fantastic razo.
Which Plate and Blades do you find to be the best for you ? After a scrubby Shave yesterday, used the Orens to clear up. Very hard to convey just how good this unlikely looking Razor is. Was thinking of getting a spare but they are sold out.

Todays Shave set up :-

IMG_0672.jpg

Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Which Plate and Blades do you find to be the best for you ? After a scrubby Shave yesterday, used the Orens to clear up. Very hard to convey just how good this unlikely looking Razor is. Was thinking of getting a spare but they are sold out.

View attachment 66203
Only used the number 2 it came with. Hits the spot for me and I don’t feel the need to mess about. Also found best results with a Feather or Kai Guard.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!

View attachment 66203
If you do buy another try a couple of pucks of their soap under $4 each. They smell great and I just pop one in a Tupperware pot. The Vanilla one is lovely.

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
I stayed with the original Occam's model, and I reckon it's one of, if not the best of any of the AC razors I have (about a dozen or so in all). It doesn't matter what blade I put in it; I always get a first-class result. My initial concerns, about how easy it is to handle, turn out to have been unfounded, and it's the handsomest potato-peeler in the bathroom. It's come to rest on the 2-plate.

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
Kickstarter for V2. I always used 2-plate. Took a Wolfman and razors at triple my cost to replace in rotation (and thus sold). For me, biggest factor in selling was the blades - I have several years supply of DE blades. I found the V2 2-blade to be mild and fairly efficient.

brothers

Forum GOD!
I was glad to locate this thread. I received one of these as a generous gift a while back. I did try it out, but I must have been in a hurry or otherwise distracted because I recall my experience was neutral, no opinion. To be fair, I really should go back and try it for a few days in a row so I can judge the performance against the current favorite - General V2. I admit that I have a long standing prejudice against razors that are a bit complicated with regard to adjustable degrees of mild/aggressive head characteristics. I don't want to have to fiddle around with something as otherwise simple as a razor.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I was glad to locate this thread. I received one of these as a generous gift a while back. I did try it out, but I must have been in a hurry or otherwise distracted because I recall my experience was neutral, no opinion. To be fair, I really should go back and try it for a few days in a row so I can judge the performance against the current favorite - General V2. I admit that I have a long standing prejudice against razors that are a bit complicated with regard to adjustable degrees of mild/aggressive head characteristics. I don't want to have to fiddle around with something as otherwise simple as a razor.
Not really complicated.Start off with Plate 2 which is good for average beards,then you can try different blades. I have a heavy beard so use plate 3 a guarded blade and get great Shaves every time. If you do not like it I would not mind buying it off you,providing shipping costs + price does not attract Customs charges.

Last edited:

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I have just had a bit of an Occams Weekend, using the Enoch, Hiram and today the Oren. I get a good quality Shave with the Enoch, but it is a bit angle sensitive.

The Hiram is a weighty Razor but one can use that weight to good effect and it feels good in the hand. I prefer this to the Enoch as I have less trouble getting a Top Notch finish.

Today I used the Oren/plate 3 , and though many may well dismiss it as looking rather like a potato peeler, it is in fact
for me rather good. OK not a conventional looking Razor, but neither is the One Blade that has its followers. I find it good in the hand and very easy to manoeuvre , and I am able to use it as a precision instrument to remove all unwanted growth, and without any problems get Top Notch Shaves every time. I rate this as the best of the Occams AC/SEs, and actually as the best AC/SE Razor that I own.

IMG_0704.jpg

Bailman2000

I have an original Occam’s on its way to me. Decided last week to dive into the SE scene after many years of shaving with DE razors. I lost my passion for the and decided SE was calling my name.... so I’ve managed to order the Occam’s, a Vector and a General v2 all in the last few days. Hoping all arrive here this week, along with a couple new handles, another brush, another bowl and some blades. It’s going to be like Christmas here for me. Now just hoping they all get here while my wife is at work LOL.