No Buy 2018

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
Although I have "slipped" twice in recent weeks, I still feel pretty good about how the year is going, especially if I can stay on track right now. I've spent significantly less money, and wasted a lot less time both in shopping and in feeling a little guilty about shopping than I have in a few years, and that's good. The long term goal is to break an unhealthy habit of spending money and to replace it with a more detached attitude toward spending. It really isn't about never buying another thing.

The first thing I bought, the vintage cologne, was a no brainer. If one runs into 2 bottles of his favourite long discontinued cologne at less than 1/3 the price it would have cost in 1980 he'd a jackass if he didn't buy it, as it won't be there in January when the restraint is over. My second purchase, the new Zenith brush, is a different story. That was simply a case of see, click, and pay. I could have lived without it. But it'll be here tomorrow!
 

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
So with Stuart posting up the SLOC double open comb from RazoRock, I am tempted yet again. Would need another handle for it as I am not keen on the knurled option.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
So with Stuart posting up the SLOC double open comb from RazoRock, I am tempted yet again. Would need another handle for it as I am not keen on the knurled option.
Lots of nice handle and colour options available by buying direct from Yaqi... Its nice to support UK business though...
 

dowsing

Forum GOD!
I managed to hold out until this weekend then relented and ordered one of the new Yaqi Moka Express in a 26mm two band.
 

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
My "No Buy 2018" excluded Purple Haze and Titanium. I have substituted brass for titanium as my number came up at Charcoal Goods. I am proud of myself as passing on the Copper handle I really liked

I may need to ask forgiveness from the Moderators later as I still have interest in titanium.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Compared to last year, this year has seen the piggy bank swell. Even more impressively I am now rotating products properly and further appreciating + learning my apparatus.
 

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
I understand soap made for an 8th grade science project is excluded from any No Buy 2018 commitment (13 yr old Hannah chose “The Saponification of Fats & Oils” as her 6 month Long project for her 8th Grade Physical Science class). Plus 10% of the purchase is donated to charity (5% of proceeds to the School/summer Lunch bag program and 5% of proceeds to the Group that supports fighting human trafficking).
IMG_20180512_114634.jpg
IMG_20180512_114708.jpg
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I understand soap made for an 8th grade science project is excluded from any No Buy 2018 commitment (13 yr old Hannah chose “The Saponification of Fats & Oils” as her 6 month Long project for her 8th Grade Physical Science class). Plus 10% of the purchase is donated to charity (5% of proceeds to the School/summer Lunch bag program and 5% of proceeds to the Group that supports fighting human trafficking).
View attachment 29089 View attachment 29090
That's how I understand it too :D :okay:
 
Last edited:
Top