No Buy 2018

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I only have two planned purchases for this year, the ATG LE soap that's in progress and one of the new Mervyn Cadman brushes in fuschia pink carbon.

OK so I have also bought an unplanned Razorock Mamba, but £50 for a fully machined polished razor in 316 stainless is too good not to.
 

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Some more trade acquisitions have arrived :) Still not bought anything new! Not bad if I do say so myself.

Now, I had a rummage through my collection of odds and sods today and calculated I might actually NEED to purchase some blades this year. Of course, I've already worked out a way around this. By the time my collection runs out (based on calculated longevity rates), I should make it to July, which means I can of course ask the good lady wife to get me some for my birthday earlier in the year :D

upload_2018-1-17_20-17-17.png
 

MrK1

Forum GOD!
I'm still holding out.

Was tempted by the cheap Proraso boar on ebay but managed to hold out. It didn't help that a colleague ordered one.

I think if you run out of something, you should be allowed to replace it

The whole point of this for me its to use up what I have before adding to my den.

And to stop chasing the 'one'.

I have great razors and brushes, I don't to keep looking for the next best thing.
 

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
I'm still holding out.

Was tempted by the cheap Proraso boar on ebay but managed to hold out. It didn't help that a colleague ordered one.

I think if you run out of something, you should be allowed to replace it

The whole point of this for me its to use up what I have before adding to my den.

And to stop chasing the 'one'.

I have great razors and brushes, I don't to keep looking for the next best thing.
I'm sorted (for now) when it comes to razors and brushes, it's soap I am a sucker for buying. I'm the proverbial magpie with shiny objects in my field of vision...I have to have them.
 

Barry1963

Easily Led
Some more trade acquisitions have arrived :) Still not bought anything new! Not bad if I do say so myself.

Now, I had a rummage through my collection of odds and sods today and calculated I might actually NEED to purchase some blades this year. Of course, I've already worked out a way around this. By the time my collection runs out (based on calculated longevity rates), I should make it to July, which means I can of course ask the good lady wife to get me some for my birthday earlier in the year :D

View attachment 23515
Ah yes! I have the birthday trump card to play in May.
 

Barry1963

Easily Led
Please remember that if you have birthday "money" then you are NOT permitted to spend it on shaving gear.

Just ensuring you keep on track my friend.
You know you can always rely on me. :wink::p::D
I knew I could rely on you Wayne to keep me in check. I will just have to make sure that my birthday hints are VERY specific.
 
Top