New life for an old brush.

TobyC

Patriot
Wanted to do this ever since I saw one of these things, I thing she's gonna be a killer brush.

As received.

100_2809.JPG

They had a problem keeping it together apparently, had been glued together several times with different glues,... lots of glue! I had to use a hole saw with the pilot removed to get the ferrule off. Had to do more work than I expected to make it look decent, all lettering had to go unfortunately.

100_2818.JPG

And the result.

100_2898.JPG

My last two brushes are similar, but very different.

100_2902.JPG

TobyC

Patriot
Nice work on both brushes. Looking at the second brush and was wondering if it was originally a neck and face duster?

Bob
Thanks Bob, and yep, it was a duster.

And no, I didn't destroy something desirable, I've seen some get relisted on the bay over and over and they just don't sell. This one had been relisted and had no watchers so I offered 5 bucks and they jumped on it just to get rid of it. At least it will be useful now, I'm happy with it. 👍

R181

Grumpy old man
Thanks Bob, and yep, it was a duster.

And no, I didn't destroy something desirable, I've seen some get relisted on the bay over and over and they just don't sell. This one had been relisted and had no watchers so I offered 5 bucks and they jumped on it just to get rid of it. At least it will be useful now, I'm happy with it. 👍
No, I did not mean you had destroyed something valuable but was wondering about it's origin. That would make one hell of a large boar brush from the looks of it. That is no bad thing either.

Bob

TobyC

Patriot
No, I did not mean you had destroyed something valuable but was wondering about it's origin. That would make one hell of a large boar brush from the looks of it. That is no bad thing either.

Bob
I know you didn't say that, I just wanted to get that out there before someone did. :wink: It's got a 28mm knot, but it's snug in the 30mm hole, that's plenty big IMO, it ain't no sissy knot. :laugh: