New life for an old brush.

TobyC

Patriot
Wanted to do this ever since I saw one of these things, I thing she's gonna be a killer brush.

As received.

100_2809.JPG

They had a problem keeping it together apparently, had been glued together several times with different glues,... lots of glue! I had to use a hole saw with the pilot removed to get the ferrule off. Had to do more work than I expected to make it look decent, all lettering had to go unfortunately.

100_2818.JPG

And the result.

100_2898.JPG

My last two brushes are similar, but very different.

100_2902.JPG

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
What is the material and how do you get it so polished and shiny? The green is so nicely finished that it now looks like jade.

R181

Grumpy old man
Nice work on both brushes. Looking at the second brush and was wondering if it was originally a neck and face duster?

Bob

TobyC

Patriot
Nice work on both brushes. Looking at the second brush and was wondering if it was originally a neck and face duster?

Bob
Thanks Bob, and yep, it was a duster.

And no, I didn't destroy something desirable, I've seen some get relisted on the bay over and over and they just don't sell. This one had been relisted and had no watchers so I offered 5 bucks and they jumped on it just to get rid of it. At least it will be useful now, I'm happy with it. 👍

R181

Grumpy old man
Thanks Bob, and yep, it was a duster.

And no, I didn't destroy something desirable, I've seen some get relisted on the bay over and over and they just don't sell. This one had been relisted and had no watchers so I offered 5 bucks and they jumped on it just to get rid of it. At least it will be useful now, I'm happy with it. 👍
No, I did not mean you had destroyed something valuable but was wondering about it's origin. That would make one hell of a large boar brush from the looks of it. That is no bad thing either.

Bob

TobyC

Patriot
No, I did not mean you had destroyed something valuable but was wondering about it's origin. That would make one hell of a large boar brush from the looks of it. That is no bad thing either.

Bob
I know you didn't say that, I just wanted to get that out there before someone did. :wink: It's got a 28mm knot, but it's snug in the 30mm hole, that's plenty big IMO, it ain't no sissy knot. :laugh: