Mundane News

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Another couple of hours on the power washing this morning.

The actual washing is fine, bit of fun really blasting out the weeds and watching the setts come up clean. The problem is shifting the detritus afterwards. That and the filthy clothes sort of take the enjoyment out of it. :(

steve
Have you got a driveway / patio attachment for the pressure washer? Makes a massive difference.

Kärcher T-Racer T 5 surface cleaner (splash protection, for large areas, two flat jet nozzles, handle for vertical work), black-yellow : Amazon.co.uk: Garden

Zorro

Forum GOD!
Another couple of hours on the power washing this morning.

The actual washing is fine, bit of fun really blasting out the weeds and watching the setts come up clean. The problem is shifting the detritus afterwards. That and the filthy clothes sort of take the enjoyment out of it. :(

steve
A big and well made yard brush is what a pressure washer needs as a stablemate. Something 2 foot or even 3 foot wide with a reinforced head and a decent handle.

Blast away for a few mins, then stop and walk the dirty water away with the broom before continuing power washing.

Makes a big difference and the path / driveway come up much cleaner, because the dirty water doesnt settle down again and dry

R181

Grumpy old man
Those photos bring back memories of when I started working for one of the local pulp and paper mills which had a Canso/Catalina as a company plane. Ontario also had them for water bombers till replacing them with Canadair CL 215s then CL 415s.

CL-415.jpg

This CL 415 was water bombing a fire in our mill woodyard within the city limits and in sight of the airport.

Was also lucky to see a Martin Mars water bomber in BC moored.

Yes, flying boats attract me too.

Bob

R181

Grumpy old man
March came in like a lamb but is going out like a lion. Currently at 10am we are at -13C and -22C with the windchill. For the rest of the week the forecast is for minus temperatures also. Slightly north of us they are having it colder yet. Looking forward to a return to more balmy weather in April.

Bob

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
March came in like a lamb but is going out like a lion. Currently at 10am we are at -13C and -22C with the windchill. For the rest of the week the forecast is for minus temperatures also. Slightly north of us they are having it colder yet. Looking forward to a return to more balmy weather in April.

Bob
Bob, just come down to southern Ontario. We’re at -2C, but it was + 22C last week and chucking down rain. It snowed yesterday and today; not much, but enough to remind you that winter isn’t over just yet. Nevertheless, I’ve had my lawnmower serviced and the blade sharpened, but I’m not having our snow tyres changed out until 16 April…just hedging my bets.

R181

Grumpy old man
Bob, just come down to southern Ontario. We’re at -2C, but it was + 22C last week and chucking down rain. It snowed yesterday and today; not much, but enough to remind you that winter isn’t over just yet. Nevertheless, I’ve had my lawnmower serviced and the blade sharpened, but I’m not having our snow tyres changed out until 16 April…just hedging my bets.
I sold my lawnmower last year and my nephew gets the snowblower this year. I can't do that stuff anymore so have contracted it out these past few years. Funny, the things you cursed having to do only to wish you could still do them when you can't. Like you, I am also holding off till mid-April to have the dealer install my summer tires and rims. Yet another job I used to curse having to do but now wish I still could.

Bob

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I sold my lawnmower last year and my nephew gets the snowblower this year. I can't do that stuff anymore so have contracted it out these past few years. Funny, the things you cursed having to do only to wish you could still do them when you can't. Like you, I am also holding off till mid-April to have the dealer install my summer tires and rims. Yet another job I used to curse having to do but now wish I still could.

Bob
I’ve used my snowblower once this winter…so far. It’s a big bruiser with a 420cc motor, 28 inches wide, 3-stage, steering, heated handles, electric start and headlight. I’ve owned it for several years, but it is getting too much for me to handle. It has six forward speeds, and two reverse. It’s so powerful that I haven’t used it past the second forward speed for fear of dislocating my arms/shoulders, I kid you not. For comparison, my first motor bike was a paltry 250cc in comparison, and my last bike was a BMW twin 500, which went like a bat out if hell. I’ve floated a trial balloon with our local dealer about a trade-in on a smaller model; unfortunately, our lack if snow this winter hasn’t helped my case in this regard.