Mundane News

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Whatever your situation, it could always be worse, I guess that's my version of "take a look at the bright side". When it comes to neighbors, especially rental property, it can be miserably bad, and sometimes you wish you had the previous bad neighbors back because the new ones are worse.
Couldn’t get much worse than they were.

Banging things around in early hours.
Smashing things against walls
Shouting and swearing
Constant rows
Dogs barking and throwing themselves at a fence so hard in broke
Swearing at me
Spitting at my car
Walking over my property to his car making sure to set the video doorbell off by waving at it
Standing chest out arms back at my son and swearing at him and trying to provoke him
Same with neighbours son
Completely blocking the road and pavement
Blocking access to my dropped curb
Smoking weed in his truck and driving off
Staring at my wife over the back fence.
Opening and slamming truck doors several times in the early hours of the morning
Thumping his truck
Cant prove this one but only could of been him that took a chip out of the paint on my car door.
Playing music strewn with obscenities in back garden loud when neighbours little ones were out.

The list goes on !!!!

chazt

Forum !
Couldn’t get much worse than they were.

Banging things around in early hours.
Smashing things against walls
Shouting and swearing
Constant rows
Dogs barking and throwing themselves at a fence so hard in broke
Swearing at me
Spitting at my car
Walking over my property to his car making sure to set the video doorbell off by waving at it
Standing chest out arms back at my son and swearing at him and trying to provoke him
Same with neighbours son
Completely blocking the road and pavement
Blocking access to my dropped curb
Smoking weed in his truck and driving off
Staring at my wife over the back fence.
Opening and slamming truck doors several times in the early hours of the morning
Thumping his truck
Cant prove this one but only could of been him that took a chip out of the paint on my car door.
Playing music strewn with obscenities in back garden loud when neighbours little ones were out.

The list goes on !!!!
Sounds like a real treasure.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Sounds like a real treasure.
He was a charmer for sure. Mind you she acted the innocent but had a nasty bite. Apparently, direct from the agents they went in to get their deposit back and she had a right go when they said no. It was so bad the woman at the agents thought he was going to thump her. The deposit is no where near the damage they have caused. All of the doors have fist shaped dents in them for a start.

As for the doorbell that was a compromise. I have a friends who is CID in another county. His advice was CCTV.

Last edited:

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
One of life's amusing little events today.

I discovered the driver's lunch in our shopping whilst unpacking our weekly Tesco delivery. Mrs P messaged Tesco HQ and, happily, a couple of hours later, the embarrassed Tesco driver was reunited with his pack-up.

All's well that ends well...as someone famous once remarked.

steve

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Busy day at work completing student files for claiming for qualifications.

Two students who were close to failing admitted to me I was right all along ? Why because I warned and pleaded with them to improve their attendance and crack on. “Yeah you were right Sean should of listened to you”. My reply, “told you so seen it for a good few years now”.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Renewed passport arrived today about 10 days after I sent it off! Far quicker than I’d expected.

I think the dark blue does look nicer than the old burgundy but the cover pages are so thin they feel cheap and it completely spoils the overall impression.

TobyC

Patriot
I quit last year or year before, and I've had achy joints ever since, got some yesterday and I feel better than I have in a long time, love the flavor too!

R181

Grumpy old man
Welcome to the brave new world of supply chain issues and gouging. At least they are now bring priced at their value lol.

Bob