Mundane News

TobyC

Patriot
Welcome to the brave new world of supply chain issues and gouging. At least they are now bring priced at their value lol.

Bob
Still cheaper than those snooty badger things, but horse is still cheap as dirt! But all the horse knots are "extra soft", got no use for a paint brush.

slapo

It's... alive!
Had a Vie Long horse hair brush and as you say they might not be too soft but they sure are too prickly for my liking.

Bob
Ah, yeah, that's why I gave mine away.
Perhaps the tips would break in eventually, but I'd been using it for a while before giving it away and they didn't seem to be breaking in much, if at all.

The tips aside, it was a pretty decent brush.

TobyC

Patriot
Perhaps the tips would break in eventually, but I'd been using it for a while before giving it away and they didn't seem to be breaking in much, if at all.

The tips never split on horse hair, and they are cut, so they're just blunt tips, two that I had got floppy after a couple of years so I swapped them with boar knots.

R181

Grumpy old man

I think that if you bowl lather and paint your lather on, prickly tips would likely not be much of an issue. Being a face lathering fool it really was an issue.

Bob

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I swear to god, I only start packing half an hour for departure. Worst I've ever forgotten was my toothbrush.
Mine was all packed with ease earlier this week. Only issue I had was which EDT’s to take. Mrs Saint 5hough, check, double and triple check. I keep saying, what we may not have we will buy.

Last edited:

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
I came in from work yesterday at around 18:00 on the hottest day the UK has ever had at 38 to 40+ degrees in some places and my house thermostat said it was 29 degrees inside.
I came home today at the same time & the daily temperature was much cooler at about 24 degrees according to my car. Then I came into the house & the thermostat said it was 31 degrees & it was stifling.
Just an observation about how the house was warmed up the day before, even tins of beans in one of my cupboards could have been eaten warm . . . . Crazy for us I tell thee 😮

R181

Grumpy old man
Yes, know that scenario well. That is why I have had central a/c for the past 25 years in the two houses I have lived in. Took me till I was 40 odd years old to realise I was tired of it. Granted we have more of those days than you normally get in the UK.

Bob