Mundane News

slapo

It's... alive!
I have an ancient vacuum cleaner, it works great despite having my amateurish repairs. It has an 1800w motor and is an upright with a tube on the side for cleaning the stairs. The only thing that puts me off buying a Henry is the 620w motor and whether I would miss the power. Would a Henry lift a rug for example?

Just been looking for the most powerful vacuum I can buy, 800w seems about the maximum, I will keep my old cleaner going for as long as I can, it is about 15 years old now.
The Bosch I have that I mentioned earlier in the thread is an 800W model and I hardly ever boost it above 50% power, even when cleaning carpet. I have to hold rugs down with my food to prevent them being lifted.
On hard floors and short fluff carpets, it's been perfectly fine, despite being rated as class D for both.

Having said that, I don't think I had to make it deal with a really deep carpet before.

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Just had a newfangled wi-fi telly installed and it's bloody huge! Why Mrs P thinks we need this monster I have no idea but it's not worth my while arguing...

steve

R181

Grumpy old man
First snow of the season coming down today. Just flurries and won't last long on the ground but it's all downhill from here to next April. :facepalm:

Bob

R181

Grumpy old man
The VA nurse suggested that reducing caffeine intake might be a good idea. To the end we bought some decaf ground coffee and made a pot. That stuff could gag a maggot. Think we will be switching to tea in the evenings instead. Now for a nice full flavoured morning cup of coffee.

Bob