Mundane News

chrisbd

Forum GOD!
They're utterly bulletproof. I have a Builder friend who has a ~15 year old Henry. He uses him without bags to pick up all the crap at the end of the job. Henry is still doing it strong and admirably. A testament to the design as not many other vacuums could take that level of abuse.
+1, Seemingly indestructible. The security contractor who came to secure our windows after our break-in a few years ago used one to vacuum up broken glass and residual debris. He'd rescued it from a skip, carried out a minor repair - fuse replacement, I think - and it was still going strong.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
+1, Seemingly indestructible. The security contractor who came to secure our windows after our break-in a few years ago used one to vacuum up broken glass and residual debris. He'd rescued it from a skip, carried out a minor repair - fuse replacement, I think - and it was still going strong.
We have one and it must be 15+ years old, ours is the spare and sits in the garage. They are indeed bulletproof, think the older are better as I seem to recall they aren’t as strong as they use to be at sucking up. Some E.U. Directive about power, I’ll have to look it up.

Here it is

We have a Vax Blade for indoors, it’s a great hoover but seems to need constant emptying.

Last edited:

TobyC

Patriot
We have one and it must be 15+ years old, ours is the spare and sits in the garage. They are indeed bulletproof, think the older are better as I seem to recall they aren’t as strong as they use to be at sucking up. Some E.U. Directive about power, I’ll have to look it up.

Here it is

We have a Vax Blade for indoors, it’s a great hoover but seems to need constant emptyin.
Vintage is always better!!! :D👍

slapo

It's... alive!
Gone to a Shark now, fed up with Dyson.
If the G/F would have a Henry I’d get one, brilliant things
What hadn't she liked about a Henry?

I'd considered them in the past, but ended up going for a Bosch BGL3ALLGB for just over 7 years ago.
I had to change the filters and clean it on the inside after a bag burst (builders where I'd been renting at the time left some metallic powder in the carpet after they were done and didn't bother cleaning up) but other than that, it's been performing quite well.

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
What hadn't she liked about a Henry?

I'd considered them in the past, but ended up going for a Bosch BGL3ALLGB for just over 7 years ago.
I had to change the filters and clean it on the inside after a bag burst (builders where I'd been renting at the time left some metallic powder in the carpet after they were done and didn't bother cleaning up) but other than that, it's been performing quite well.
The looks…

TobyC

Patriot
Shark Navigator Freestyle Bagless Upright here, thought it was gonna be cheap crap but I've been very happy with the thing, and cordless is really nice. Never heard of the Henry Hoover before, did have a Hoover upright years ago but I doubt it's related. And of course I have large and small Shop-Vacs,... will the Henry do wet and dry or just dry vacuuming?

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Shark Navigator Freestyle Bagless Upright here, thought it was gonna be cheap crap but I've been very happy with the thing, and cordless is really nice. Never heard of the Henry Hoover before, did have a Hoover upright years ago but I doubt it's related. And of course I have large and small Shop-Vacs,... will the Henry do wet and dry or just dry vacuuming?
Just dry. They do other models, believe one of those is a Wet/Dry.

Vacumatic

Testy
Also good to support a British manufacturer, Hoover and Dyson made elsewhere.

I have an ancient vacuum cleaner, it works great despite having my amateurish repairs. It has an 1800w motor and is an upright with a tube on the side for cleaning the stairs. The only thing that puts me off buying a Henry is the 620w motor and whether I would miss the power. Would a Henry lift a rug for example?

eta

Just been looking for the most powerful vacuum I can buy, 800w seems about the maximum, I will keep my old cleaner going for as long as I can, it is about 15 years old now.

Last edited: