Minimizing

razorhead63

Forum GOD!
Hello Gents. Lately I’ve been thinking about minimizing my gear. My bathroom counter is full of soaps and creams. Too many! My drawer is full of blades..... 1200 in all. Enough to last me the rest of my life. I’ve got just a couple of brushes, both boar.... so I’m set with that...
I want to downsize to just two of my favorite soaps and not buy anymore till they’re used up. Oh and I’ve got a kilo of Cella in the freezer for future use. Too much.this hobby is so addictive. ..Anybody else here feel like minimizing? Tell us about it!
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
1200 in all.
:ohmy: please tell me thats blades and not soaps....I cant even imagine what that many soaps would look like.

So my hardware is not over the top but its the software that keeps dragging me under lol.
Evey time I manage to go though my soaps and work out what i'm willing to sell, pif, or bin cos its just gone bad I find my self with shelf space and just hit the BSTs and vendors again.

Its just too hard. I sometimes wish artisans would stick to stock soaps and minimize seasonal drops lol
 

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
I'm definitely not minimising, as we have in prospect, and in no particular order, Brexit, Bladeageddon and the Great Reset. If any of these come to pass, it might be difficult to obtain supplies of any sort, at the right price, and if I have to flee to the hills, I still wouldn't want to look like Grizzly Adams. Come to think of it, and mindful of the great difficulty UK civilians had during WW2 in obtaining shaving supplies, especially razor blades, there could be a promising Black Market in these things.
 

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
Frankly I only use my Clog-Pruf razor which only uses Personna PTFE blades. So that's a wrap. I almost always use my Sagrada Familia synth, and increasingly I just use Speick. I could easily live with this setup.

I have a couple of R41 which I don't really use, with a stack of GSB, Astra and Nacet blades. And another 20 soaps as good as SV, Fitjar, Grooming Dept etc. All these stay on the shelf unless I crave variety, relics of my obsessive days.

To be honest, my shaving obsession is behind me these days.
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I’ve stopped posting SOTDs because I use the same razor, brush and soap for the overwhelming majority of my shaves. I don’t even bother with aftershave products anymore. I won’t replace the soap until it’s very nearly finished.

I can’t be a true minimalist, though, because I’ve got thousands of blades of differing varieties - even though I push the same blade to two or three weeks of use - and I have a little display case of razors that I keep in the spare room.
 

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Downsized razors, I now just have the Tatara Masamune with Nodachi cap, Nodachi plate and masamune plate.

Brushes I have one Boar, one badger and one Synthetic.

Soaps I now have 6 sets. 2 from Wickham, 2 from P&B and 2 from PAA. I'll likely get more but no more than 2 from am artisan.

Blades I have a tuck of Wizamet and Feather.

Hoping I can keep it under control.
 

Tortuga

The Spangle Maker
Not been too bad on the razor front, bought a Timeless Ti and a Carbon Ti both with 0.68 gap on BST, avoiding the usual charges,both give excellent shaves( currently on 2 shave rotation) that i think I will definitely pass on my chance of a Wolfman, much prefer the lightweight, nimble razors.
 

chazt

shave
I’d like to say that there are no future hobby purchases coming along, but it would be a lie. One or two shave related buys and a few music/other related. Perhaps one more shave brush. A few more sets of guitar strings and a bottle of good guitar polish. A case of Russian River Pinot Noir and a case of Guinness. A telescope. Otherwise, I’m quite satisfied with my toys.
 
Top