Mild shavers

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I’m favouring the Guerrilla SB on an 80mm ikon bulldog at the moment. Probably going with DRH Marlborough today with it being so cold.

Reactions: p.b

koenfucius

Forum GOD!
I would go for the schick 500 hydromagic or Colonial General.
My Wolfman Guerrilla, i didn't like. I found it too mild. The jury is still out for the Tatara Masamune. For some reason, I am not using it a lot in my rotation.

D

Deleted member 1881

A mild razor is also the Merkur 42c that I own. But it is too mild and can only perform well with a high performance blade like KAI, Feather, etc.

For me, of course..

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
I'm finding hard to suggest anything other than a Merkur 37C. A fantastic little razor. I started out with its big brother, the 39C, but the 37C is more natural to use, both from a weight and balance perspective. Flawless little razor when paired with a good blade.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Has anyone used the Mamba 70 yet? Curious how it would compare it to either the .68mm or .84mm Game Changer.
Yep the 0.70 is a lovely shaver. It doesn't have a huge wow factor. I believe the lower gap did as it was so so so mild, yet effective. The 0.70 provides more blade feel, it is still mild. Definitely more efficient, 2 passes instead of 3. Easier to find the cutting angle too. Nice razor especially for the price. Can't relate it to the gamechanger. The blade feel reminds me of the Tatara SB. The Tatara is slightly more efficient. And the rounded top plate adds a different feel.

boilerphan

Forum GOD!
Yep the 0.70 is a lovely shaver. It doesn't have a huge wow factor. I believe the lower gap did as it was so so so mild, yet effective. The 0.70 provides more blade feel, it is still mild. Definitely more efficient, 2 passes instead of 3. Easier to find the cutting angle too. Nice razor especially for the price. Can't relate it to the gamechanger. The blade feel reminds me of the Tatara SB. The Tatara is slightly more efficient. And the rounded top plate adds a different feel.
Thanks, @Nishy, for the response. Sounds decent value.

Thanks @Rowlers as well!

Last edited: