May 2023 Acquisitions

PLANofMAN

Retro Razor Junkie
IMG20230530212352.jpg

7 pucks of MWF (tallow) 4 not shown.
A vintage Russian leather French made paddle strop in near mint condition.
A Curley's Ideal Safety Razor (aka transitional razor). Once honed up, quite an amazing shaver.
Screenshot_2023-05-30-21-51-40-71_cf3cf72bd8e53b0db7ddb0a6f2208af9.jpg

A Torrey 5/8 'our 136' razor in a unique patented coffin strop setup, best guess, circa 1900-1910. The patent stamped on the case was filed in 1882, and expired in 1899. Better pic below.
IMG_1685496979144.JPEG

Liked it so much I bought a second Torrey 5/8 'our 136.' This one with a barber's notch. It doesn't shave nearly as well as the first one for some reason, and I haven't quite nailed it down. (Probably because it knows it's the ugly duckling of the two).
IMG_20230523_230928.jpg

Both razors have exceptionally hard steel. I hope to eventually make a seven day set of Torrey 'our 136's.
 
Last edited:
Top