DLC-Yaqi DE head (on loan).
Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo.
ATT SE1 head (2016).
All were picked up earlier this morning.
View attachment 26628 View attachment 26629 View attachment 26630
I used the
DLC-Yaqi head to shave half an hour ago. It is medium aggressive, so not for me. One and half pass and I had to stop, despite the excellent lather from the APShave Co. SilkSmoke + MdC. Head will go back to one of the friends from the recent Yaqi group buy that we just did.
The
Yaqi 28mm bears no relationship to any of the two APShave Co. brushes I've purchased recently. A quick test lather with Cella was more than enough. Less refined overall, I think the Tuxedo hair is not the same as the one used in the APShave Co. brushes, the glue bump feels relatively large, the handle is heavy and monstrous but nothing extraordinary in finish, and the loft is short for my taste (54mm). Certainly a capable latherer but for €15 delivered I expect more (the 28mm SilkSmoke from APShave Co. is comparatively in a completely different league and costs €25 delivered).
The
ATT SE head will be tested next time, I guess. Had the razor before (w/ Bamboo handle) but sold it. One more try now will not harm, as I got it from a trade. If it does not shave in a mild and enjoyable manner, it's off to the BST here soon.