twhite
Speling Bea Champyun
Well my hands are on the large size. I wear XL gloves and they are snug.No worries. Liking the handle, looks a good size. Im assuming we have the same size hands though haha.
Well my hands are on the large size. I wear XL gloves and they are snug.No worries. Liking the handle, looks a good size. Im assuming we have the same size hands though haha.
Really like both the look and size...well done!Here are some pictures of the handles fresh out of the machine. As I do not have access to a Lathe or a 4 axis Mill. I made this on a 3 axis mill. The finish is rough looking but will smooth out quickly with some 220. I will be making the bore on these 3 at 24mm and depth of 15 mm. That way I can plat with the depth to try to dial in the knot to my liking. I will be heading back to work tomorrow and put the bores in. Then have fun sanding and polishing next week after work.
Yes the gentle curve in from round to hexagonal to round again, gives me a nice feeling in my hand. Time will tell if I actually like using them to lather with.Really like both the look and size...well done!
Well should you down the road decide you hate one of them...lemme knowYes the gentle curve in from round to hexagonal to round again, gives me a nice feeling in my hand. Time will tell if I actually like using them to lather with.
Tom

Well that brush looks massiveWell my hands are on the large size. I wear XL gloves and they are snug.

1-1/4" diameter and 2-1/2' long.Well that brush looks massive![]()
Just joking, I've got baby hands thats all.1-1/4" diameter and 2-1/2' long.
Do you prefer a Bulb or Fan for your Finest?I put together a list of places to buy knots.
http://www.atgshaving.com/threads/places-to-buy-brush-knots.2345/
My personal favorite is a finest knot. I mostly face lather and find it has plenty of back bone for that, if I dont use the finest then its a boar. I've got a black badger knot on the way myself to try out.
I prefer the bulb shape. I've always thought that a fan seems more appropiate for face lathering but still always go for a bulb.Do you prefer a Bulb or Fan for your Finest?
I was looking at your links to knots. I believe I will try TGN knots in these. Very nice to have a quick reference to such things on the forum.I prefer the bulb shape. I've always thought that a fan seems more appropiate for face lathering but still always go for a bulb.
Got my boars for a fan shape anyways.
Glad it helped. Thats why I though it would be good to have in one place, as when I first started looking at knots it was a bit of a minefield googling it.I was looking at your links to knots. I believe I will try TGN knots in these. Very nice to have a quick reference to such things on the forum.
Thats looking great, nice work.Here are a few pictures of it polished up. I need to get some 600 and 1000 grit to really get it nice.
![]()
![]()