M&F

I ordered an M&F brush, paid the deposit and waited. Two weeks ago I was contacted by Lee informing me the brush had been completed and the balance was due, I of course paid it and provided an address.
Two weeks later, I have no brush, no comms from Lee.
Normal for M&F?

R181

Grumpy old man
I have never dealt with M&F but have read quite a few posts in various shaving forums concerning M&F. My impression from reading those post during the past few years is that although the product is excellent communications is not a forte.

Bob

smooth_criminal

Forum GOD!
I got a M&F brush in July.

The brush turned up 8 days after I had paid the balance outstanding to Lee.

No communication other than the request for payment, the brush arrived by Royal Mail signed for delivery.

In my case, it took him a week to ship the brush out.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
In my experience, a sketchy-looking parcel will turn up when you’ve more or less forgotten about it. The brush inside may or may not match the brush you thought you had ordered.

But when it’s on, it’s on! I love my 2XL.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Yeah that’s normal. He’s a t**t. Once bitten - never again. I hope it faintly resembles what you asked for.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Well I got the right handle shape and colour but the hybrid shaped knot he suggested looked like an arrow head...

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Steve, I am assuming you ordered the brush through Brad Sears and not from Lee, directly?

A few years ago, I was lucky enough (or so I thought) to receive a reply from Lee and was able to order a few brushes. The brushes that arrived were either bulb and not fan, wrong loft, wrong hair type, or handles not correct shape/colour. I got the impression that he was just sending out stock, not what I had specifially ordered. I sold them all. Not bad brushes, just not what I wanted.

When ordering switched to the collaboration between Sears/Lee, I ordered three brushes. All arrived as I asked for, this time, but I wasn't happy with the backbone and sold them. They took around three months from ordering on the Brad Sears website. Lee finally contacted me, asking for the balance. I paid and nothing arrived after a week. I emailed him, replying using his original email and he said he had been ill. He shipped them two days later.

Wayne

Forum Sod
What!!! You recieved something you didn't order and this is not only normal but accepted and when they arrived you had to sell because they weren't what you wanted :eek: Not on your Nelly. I don't give a Tinkers about how good they are supposed to be or not this has put me off for life.

Thanks everyone for replying.

Well I’ve had an email from Lee telling me that it has already been posted. Nothing has arrived as yet obviously. I’m now wondering what’s in the lucky dip bag :happy:

Yes David @Optometrist ordered via BS.