Learning to shave with the Feather Artist Club

Cheesepiece

Gold Member No. 8
Sounds like you've gone off the boil a bit. I hope the chase of better performance or results reignites your affection for the AC.

wintoid

Out of control
Day 99 - Feather Artist Club DX with Kai PINK mild blade (5)

This time I went super-slick almost runny on the lather and tried to get a touch that was so light I could hardly feel it touching my face. Certainly a comfortable shave, and acceptable but definitely some small areas that could have been closer. No nicks or weepers at all. Later today I will have my 100th shave, and probably going to keep on with this approach.

Merkurologist

Forum GOD!
Day 99 - Feather Artist Club DX with Kai PINK mild blade (5)

This time I went super-slick almost runny on the lather and tried to get a touch that was so light I could hardly feel it touching my face. Certainly a comfortable shave, and acceptable but definitely some small areas that could have been closer. No nicks or weepers at all. Later today I will have my 100th shave, and probably going to keep on with this approach.
I'm sure you have already mentioned why you don't use the same type of blade for DX and SS but I can't remember.

I'd be interested to learn your reason/s :)

wintoid

Out of control
I'm sure you have already mentioned why you don't use the same type of blade for DX and SS but I can't remember.
Actually, that's not quite right. Days 95/96/97 were SS with this blade, and then 98/99/100 were DX with this blade. I guess I'm just always looking for a magic combination.

wintoid

Out of control
Day 100 - Feather Artist Club DX with Kai PINK mild blade (6)

I wanted the 100th shave to be a bit special, so I took a long time over this. Much longer prep than usual, including a Grooming Department preshave, which I hardly ever use, but always seems to help. I also decided to do this without the bath running, so I had the audio helping me as well. As before I went for a really light touch and a super slick almost runny lather. The results were good. Two miniscule weepers, and a slightly scratchy feeling from the blade, so perhaps it's due to be changed. Definitely the closest shave I've had from this blade

Merkurologist

Forum GOD!
Actually, that's not quite right. Days 95/96/97 were SS with this blade, and then 98/99/100 were DX with this blade. I guess I'm just always looking for a magic combination.
So you are saying there's not a preference for a particular blade for the SS and there's not a preference of a different blade for the DX.

wintoid

Out of control
So you are saying there's not a preference for a particular blade for the SS and there's not a preference of a different blade for the DX.
Yes no preference like that. Top blade in both razors for me is Kai guarded, followed by Feather Super. Everything else seems to not click as well with me.

NeilJ

Über Member
Congratulations on your centenary of AC shaves. I definitely find a wetter lather helps. I generally hydrate my lather to what I used to do before I started with the AC then paint in a few stokes of the brush that has been dipped in water.