July 2018 Acquisitions

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
A few samples from Shavedash (again unbelievably quick postage/service!)
Wholly Kaw - Washington's Blend
Razer Master Juha
Tallow + Steel - Maya
Black Ship - Thomas Tew
Mickey Lee Soapworks - Colonia di Agrumi
Mike's - Vetiver
Stubble Buster - Resolute

To say I'm disappointed in the scents is an understatement! None of them have a particularly pleasant/strong scent and the Stubble Buster was quite awful TBH! Why on earth we spend money of some of these "artisan" soaps is beyond me! Thank goodness for Shavedash!
 

Dr Watson

James
To say I'm disappointed in the scents is an understatement! None of them have a particularly pleasant/strong scent and the Stubble Buster was quite awful TBH! Why on earth we spend money of some of these "artisan" soaps is beyond me! Thank goodness for Shavedash!
I think I've said exactly the same with every ShaveDash order I've received! Jim provides a wonderful service, thanks Jim :bravo:
 
A few samples from Shavedash (again unbelievably quick postage/service!)
Wholly Kaw - Washington's Blend
Razer Master Juha
Tallow + Steel - Maya
Black Ship - Thomas Tew
Mickey Lee Soapworks - Colonia di Agrumi
Mike's - Vetiver
Stubble Buster - Resolute

To say I'm disappointed in the scents is an understatement! None of them have a particularly pleasant/strong scent and the Stubble Buster was quite awful TBH! Why on earth we spend money of some of these "artisan" soaps is beyond me! Thank goodness for Shavedash!
Like I said on that other thread, IMO shaving soap is a shitty medium for presenting perfumery. Keep it simple with quality frag ingredients.
Unfortunately a lot of the artisans now simply consider themselves perfumers, and in the loosest sense they are I suppose, but the reality is most are a million miles away.
 

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
Couple of nice handmade brushes arrived a while ago, from our own @Britva....
Been in communication for quite some time now out of interest and today I have the privilege and luck to test these two, as solid feedback is good to exist.

P1060681.JPG
P1060682.JPG
P1060683.JPG


View: https://youtu.be/KL3OJCtLb78


Pls excuse the not so great 'free archive' music I chose when editing this video, too much multi-tasking this am...
 

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Couple of nice handmade brushes arrived a while ago, from our own @Britva....
Been in communication for quite some time now out of interest and today I have the privilege and luck to test these two, as solid feedback is good to exist.

View attachment 31751 View attachment 31752 View attachment 31753

View: https://youtu.be/KL3OJCtLb78


Pls excuse the not so great 'free archive' music I chose when editing this video, too much multi-tasking this am...
Beautiful brushes! :) P.
 
Like I said on that other thread, IMO shaving soap is a shitty medium for presenting perfumery. Keep it simple with quality frag ingredients.
Unfortunately a lot of the artisans now simply consider themselves perfumers, and in the loosest sense they are I suppose, but the reality is most are a million miles away.
Absolutely +1
 
Last edited:
Top