DesertIguana
Forum GOD!
Weeell... Buy a Saponificio Varesino soap and you'll understand.![]()
Lots of folk love that brand I can not ever say the NAME OF, I call it SV Soap.
Weeell... Buy a Saponificio Varesino soap and you'll understand.![]()
Do you think MDC is expensive ?MdC is not in my price range., I am frugal.
If we talk price per number of shaves, MdC, SV and generally all the genuine hard soaps are the cheapest on the market. If we talk initial price regardless of the number of shaves, Arko is the cheapest.Do you think MDC is expensive ?
I think it is initially but over the course of time it takes to finish i don’t think it is.
I don’t know anyone who’s used one from start to finish even over a period of time but i reckon you could shave daily for over a year with the same jar
We can agree to disagree, then.Because some of them are better than ToOBS and DR Harris and even MWF when I could get it to work for me.
That's your opinion and I beg to differ. But, to each their own.I’ve used several pucks of HR Harris and a couple of creams, at least 5 pucks of MWF and one tub of ToOBS cream and even after ‘mastering’ / optimising them they are still not as good as B&M, Mike’s or A&E. So I’ve invested more than enough time before coming to my conclusion
Thanks for the recommendation but I'll be sticking with the traditional British soaps with a history and tradition behind them.Weeell... Buy a Saponificio Varesino soap and you'll understand.![]()
Do you think MDC is expensive ?
I think it is initially but over the course of time it takes to finish i don’t think it is.
I don’t know anyone who’s used one from start to finish even over a period of time but i reckon you could shave daily for over a year with the same jar
I thought your definition is cost per shave, no?Maggard's ask $70.00 for 200 GRAMS..........YES pricy, yes I understand it last, is it a GREAT DEAL............Depending upon what your definition of GREAT DEAL IS?
The Serbian Albus cube soap has 120+ years of tradition behind it but it still isnt better than SV. So tradition isn't much without constant development... I'm not saying it's longer than the British brands, but SV has 81 years, so not insignificant. And i guarantee it could be love at first lathering.Thanks for the recommendation but I'll be sticking with the traditional British soaps with a history and tradition behind them.
I thought your definition is cost per shave, no?
$70 is generally the standard selling point afaik in North America. Subscribe to Maggard’s and Pasteur’s emails for their sale coupons. 15% off MdC is pretty significant.
Understood. Just trying to share some ideas I thought would help.Being blunt I do not like Pastur's in NYC, their customer service is awful in the one dealing I had with them. Maggard’s has good customer service, oncer in a while a sale, and last they sell samples. $70.00 is very pricy for a jar of Soap, IMHO, if you got the Green go for it.
I have $90.00 Pending in my Checking from Social Security, a Medicare Refund thank to POTUS.
I thought your definition is cost per shave, no?
$70 is generally the standard selling point afaik in North America. Subscribe to Maggard’s and Pasteur’s emails for their sale coupons. 15% off MdC is pretty significant.
