I think I'm broken - there's nothing I want to buy!

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Ha, good point!

I did toy with doing a series of blade reviews and keep every other variable the same - but need to acquire the blades. In fact, I shall stick to this idea, as I think it would be a good resource if not just for myself, but perhaps for newbies who are looking out for blade information.
What blades would you be looking for? I can have a rummage and see where I can fill in gaps for you. :)
 

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
What blades would you be looking for? I can have a rummage and see where I can fill in gaps for you. :)
Thanks buddy :)

I've yet to decide on what to cover, but will be buying a whole bunch of brands from various vendors to ensure I get a good coverage of what is available from UK based vendors who deal specifically in shaving gear...support the small business :)
 

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Can we see a picture of your inventory? I find it hard to imagine that you have everything you (don’t) need :wink:
Ha! I'd need a wide angle lense for sure and space to take it.

I know I could fill plenty of gaps, but have little desire for anything on the razor front (granted, I'd like a Drew Dick custom blade and associated strop/stones), but most other things I've got plenty to fit my needs :)
 

jb7

Bloke
Only shaving crap I've bought in 2018 has been the Rockwell 6C...

Cheap + Easily Attainable + Very Good = Absolute Winner

Anything else that comes along that matches this combo will find its way to jb7.

The soap lark is madness... too much, will never all get used, f all difference from one to the next in many cases etc. All me Wickhams Super Smooth went off, so lesson learned the hard way there too.

Becoming a miserable git feels good... I own my credit card, it doesn't own me [emoji3]
 

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Only shaving crap I've bought in 2018 has been the Rockwell 6C...

Cheap + Easily Attainable + Very Good = Absolute Winner

Anything else that comes along that matches this combo will find its way to jb7.

The soap lark is madness... too much, will never all get used, f all difference from one to the next in many cases etc. All me Wickhams Super Smooth went off, so lesson learned the hard way there too.

Becoming a miserable git feels good... I own my credit card, it doesn't own me [emoji3]
I've got my soaps down to a selection of manufacturers (P&B, OSP and Wickham) so have slashed my soap buying possibilities there :D I may give some of my others away to make some room.
 

jb7

Bloke
P&B with the octopus and me Rockwell 6C... after climbing to the summit of my shaving journey, these are the two I have settled on paired with getting my technique to what I think is about 99%.
 
D

Deleted member 30

Guest
Can I enablle you dear Sir
It's true. The self imposed purchase ban for 2018 (that I've now broken twice) seems to have quelled any real desire to mass purchase any unnecessary items.

Is there a cure for this or am I doomed?
The Wickhams witch doctor can help, but you have to enroll with your credit card details. :okay:
 

Beau Nidle

Well-Known Member
As MPH said, buy a watch. But then join the TZ-UK forum and realise that there's a whole new world out there, just begging for you to fritter away some (or in my case, a stupid amount of) cash. Or if you're one of the Phillistines who are happy with getting the time displayed on their phone you could always take up photography - now there's an opportunity to flex the plastic!

Rob
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Come on, always there is something to buy!

I will try another Phoenix & Beau, I don't even smell them! I just get them!

But, there is something about these soaps that many of my friends can't understand. How to lather them. I told them, DON'T give it water at once! Dribblets only!

I must begin a class and I will be the teacher. I have reached to a point that my lather I made is for 6 full passes, no air bubbles at all, dense, slick and if I leave the bowl on the kitchens table then definitely an hour later I will think that I forgot the frozen yogurt out of the fridge.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top