Hobby or just a decent shave?

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
I would call it more of an interest for me.
10 razors with no real need for anymore so I am not a collector. I do hope to add a Timeless SS in the future.
I don't collect soaps either (10 in total at the moment). If I buy one I will try to use it all up.

I can not leave the den if the shave in hand isn't finished totally right though. A patch missed seems to annoy the hell out of me all day, call it OCD. So a decent shave is a high priority.

A huge part of the interest is checking out the kit that the forum members here use, especially the SOTD's. The reviews, shave tales and performance of the hardware & software.

Maybe I have got a wet shaving hobby now you got me thinking? 🤔
 
Last edited:

Steve

Boomer Member
My first two years were spent chasing @Wayne down the rabbit hole, drooling over SRs, and buying every soap and cream anyone on the forum mentioned in a thread. Now I'm just waiting to buy a Tradere, and that will constitute the final transition from hobby to decent shave.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
My first two years were spent chasing @Wayne down the rabbit hole, drooling over SRs, and buying every soap and cream anyone on the forum mentioned in a thread. Now I'm just waiting to buy a Tradere, and that will constitute the final transition from hobby to decent shave.
They can't be as good as people think the first one I saw was on BST already today.
 

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
My motivation for joining my first wet shaving forum (SMF in April 2007) was to find out how I could improve the quality of my daily shave. I’d been a wet shaver since the late 1960s, but I thought I was not getting the most comfortable shaves I could. Also, I had recently retired so I had the time to pursue such a frippery, as I considered it at the time. I was soon hooked and started to acquire and experiment with all kinds of wet shaving paraphernalia. Since then I’ve figured out what I like in the way of razors, shaving creams and aftershave splashes, but where I really got hooked was on brushes. Having said that, I regard my interest in wet shaving to be more of a pastime than a hobby. I currently frequent 4 wet shaving forums and see them as key resources for expanding my knowledge of the intricacies of wet shaving and many other non-shaving related topics. Best of all, I can use the knowledge of shaving I have gained from them to astound, confuse, confound and, in most instances, bore my friends and acquaintances at dinner parties, etc. when the conversation starts to lag.
 

TobyC

Patriot
I am drawn to anything old, and razors and brushes from the past are things of wonder. I had the best shave of my life the first time I used a Gillette OLD, but I knew nothing about them, so the forums is where I found myself primarily to educate myself about vintage razors. It's a hobby for sure, but I really do save money. I don't spend big bucks for anything, it has to be something special for me to spend more than 20 bucks for something and I prefer to keep it around 10 if possible.
 
Last edited:
Top