head shavers - how often do you shave your head?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
I think if you allow time for your scalp to adjust you will be fine, I also find that razors that clamp the blade securely provide greater comfort. I pair blades with razors so for some razors I will use a sharp blade and for other razors a milder blade, you will gravitate quite quickly to what works best for you. I do chase BBS and also go ATG - as with anything you are going to do hundreds of times a year you will quickly become proficient at it. Also do not discount carts, Gillettes "guard" razor is excellent for head shaves, is inexpensive and ideal when travelling or indeed starting out...
That's good advice there for head shaving.
I use Guard sometime for shaving and it is rather milder than 3 blade Gillette disposables but the Guard is almost 'idiot proof' and it is impossible for anyone to get nicked. Given that it should work very well for head shaves but forget about having a true BBS with Guard.
I saw new 'Platinum' in local mall here and got one to try and expecting a bit keen edge/ lowered safety bar but it is just another marketing twist with no real benefit and this is just the same old blade.

Gillette-G7.jpg
 

Dipesh

Forum GOD!
Staff member
That's good advice there for head shaving.
I use Guard sometime for shaving and it is rather milder than 3 blade Gillette disposables but the Guard is almost 'idiot proof' and it is impossible for anyone to get nicked. Given that it should work very well for head shaves but forget about having a true BBS with Guard.
I saw new 'Platinum' in local mall here and got one to try and expecting a bit keen edge/ lowered safety bar but it is just another marketing twist with no real benefit and this is just the same old blade.

View attachment 92919
I started shaving my head with these. Worked great but now I get closer with a Futur set wide open and finish off with a fusion cart ATG.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
What's the most amount of days in a row you've shaved your head?

Mine is three days, atg and it was feeling quite irritated so I had to stop after 3 days
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
Unfortunately some of us just cannot go ATG without irritation occurring, if you're getting irritation it's not likely to improve if you keep going at it.
which razors from your collection do you find that work best wtg or xtg?
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
I had around 30 but have reduced to a few feather DX, schick proLine and a Tedalus Essence
wow thats a lot dude

how long does it take to use a shavette for a head shave compared to a DE/SE razors?
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
Honestly, all of them. The GC .84 SB would be a strong contender for my favourite though.
When you just shave wtg or xtg doesn't that stubble feeling when you rub your hand on your head not annoy you?

I do prefer that BBS feel tbh but I can see the benefits of not going against the grain tbh
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
When you just shave wtg or xtg doesn't that stubble feeling when you rub your hand on your head not annoy you?
Not in the least, nor does it on my face. The few times I've tried going ATG the BBS feeling only lasts a few hours anyway, skipping it saves me suffering through the shave and then being sore afterwards.

I've mentioned this in another thread somewhere but going ATG hurts for me, the stubble gets pushed back against the direction it grows in and then tugged before the blade goes through it and they're wiry little suckers so it's decidedly unpleasant and often results in a blood spot where each hair was. Some can shave ATG without irritation, I've made my peace with not being one of them.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
Not in the least, nor does it on my face. The few times I've tried going ATG the BBS feeling only lasts a few hours anyway, skipping it saves me suffering through the shave and then being sore afterwards.

I've mentioned this in another thread somewhere but going ATG hurts for me, the stubble gets pushed back against the direction it grows in and then tugged before the blade goes through it and they're wiry little suckers so it's decidedly unpleasant and often results in a blood spot where each hair was. Some can shave ATG without irritation, I've made my peace with not being one of them.
I just did a head shave and I was like should I just go with the grain but I ended up just going wtg, xtg and atg for a full on BBS shave which I love now I have a question which might seem like a silly question anyways when going just with the grain when do you stop exactly? I kinda can't tell as to me I just still feel stubble on my head, you know?
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I just did a head shave and I was like should I just go with the grain but I ended up just going wtg, xtg and atg for a full on BBS shave which I love now I have a question which might seem like a silly question anyways when going just with the grain when do you stop exactly? I kinda can't tell as to me I just still feel stubble on my head, you know?
I stop when I can’t feel stubble WTG. One pass does it for me.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
I stop when I can’t feel stubble WTG. One pass does it for me.
yea not sure if its my OCD but like if i dont have BBS ATG it sort of annoys me and also my hair growing really fast doesnt help too
 
Top