Has Anyone got anything even a little interesting to say

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I try to operate on the principle that everybody is just trying to do their best in the circumstances and that the benefit of the doubt can be afforded. But the mindless and flagrant behaviour exhibited by some runs contrary to that. It's hard to keep a level head when dealing with friends acting that way. As you say, nishy, chalking it up and taking a mental note is one thing, ive never thought of mysen as much of a preacher and don't really want to go for the holier than thou stance. I'm just not sure what good my silence does in these sorts of instances.
Yeah I agree silence is probably just as bad, but I'm hoping self realisation hits home hard for the miscreants. I definitely won't see certain friends in the same way as before, never thought they were that selfish.
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Yeah I agree silence is probably just as bad, but I'm hoping self realisation hits home hard for the miscreants. I definitely won't see certain friends in the same way as before, never thought they were that selfish.
What people need to start to realise is you could die in something like the Nightingale hospital, basically a big warehouse. On your own with no loved ones there to hold your hand. Doctors may well withdraw treatment and allow you to die too. The equipment and the staff just aren’t there. You could even end up in a mass grave and have no funeral. Wake up people this is SERIOUS !!!!
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
The local scumbags were out in force today in out local wood. Half a dozen or so plus dogs roaming loose, drinking... Disgraceful, we have no chance until it is a full 100% lock down, just too many stupid, ignorant, selfish people.
Or we get a volunteer force with a shoot to kill policy...
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
The local scumbags were out in force today in out local wood. Half a dozen or so plus dogs roaming loose, drinking... Disgraceful, we have no chance until it is a full 100% lock down, just too many stupid, ignorant, selfish people.
Or we get a volunteer force with a shoot to kill policy...
Air gun is what you need !
 

Geofnay

Forum GOD!
I try to operate on the principle that everybody is just trying to do their best in the circumstances and that the benefit of the doubt can be afforded. But the mindless and flagrant behaviour exhibited by some runs contrary to that. It's hard to keep a level head when dealing with friends acting that way. As you say, nishy, chalking it up and taking a mental note is one thing, ive never thought of mysen as much of a preacher and don't really want to go for the holier than thou stance. I'm just not sure what good my silence does in these sorts of instances.
Mysen - not 'heard' that in a while. Takes me back - my mother and father (mam and dad) were born in Yorkshire but moved and, as we grew up, sent us to 'posh' schools. I'm finding it strange how the current situation is dredging up memories ...
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I've discovered that the local Uni is also printing so we've popped some £ in. I'll stay tight-lipped about the govt response to all of this 😡
Encountered one small problem ! Hard at Mrs Northam’s hospital to find who to give them to.
 
Last edited:

Geofnay

Forum GOD!
Here's an old joke which some might find amusing. During the Toxteth riots, a rookie police constable finds himself under fire from petrol bombs, bricks and stones. Taking flight, he runs as fast as he can until he can run no more. Suddenly he encounters his Chief Constable who asks him wtf he's doing. His response - sorry Sir, I didn't realise I'd run so far back.
(There are variations and youngsters might have to Google Toxteth riots. I did say my memory is dredging up old stuff).
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I got a full refund for my cancelled Holiday.Now await same for Travel insurance..
Great news. We are just waiting and waiting to see if things at settled for July For California. We have flights booked, rooms reserved and a hire car. Rooms and car can be cancelled and at no cost. Flights we got on credit card and have travel insurance which was taken out before all this nasty mess.
 

Geofnay

Forum GOD!
I got a full refund for my cancelled Holiday.Now await same for Travel insurance..
What will your travel insurance refund you for if the cost of your holiday's refunded? Is it car park, airport hotel and so on.? I've booked those separately so slightly worried.
 
Top