Hair pomade

MattM97

Forum GOD!
Did a pomade inventory today and here is my current collection of 22 pomades.

It's various brands, types which include water based, unorthodox water based, oil based and clay pomades.

I use pomade daily and my use will vary on time of year, hair length and just general mood.

I'll finish several jars in a year so this came just after a very large restock of my collection.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Did a pomade inventory today and here is my current collection of 22 pomades.

It's various brands, types which include water based, unorthodox water based, oil based and clay pomades.

I use pomade daily and my use will vary on time of year, hair length and just general mood.

I'll finish several jars in a year so this came just after a very large restock of my collection.

Wow! You could set up a sample business!

MattM97

Forum GOD!
Wow! You could set up a sample business!
My collection isn't that bad that's like average for pomade guys. A group I'm in on Facebook a thread going on where people are showing off their collections and there are a few guys well over the 100 can mark and one guy pushing 500 which is just insanity lol.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
My collection isn't that bad that's like average for pomade guys. A group I'm in on Facebook a thread going on where people are showing off their collections and there are a few guys well over the 100 can mark and one guy pushing 500 which is just insanity lol.
Really!? I have 2, Suavecito and Uppercut, I prefer the Uppercut, but Suavecito is serviceable!

pimple8

Forum GOD!
I use different products depending on my hair length, weather, mood, what I'm doing that week, etc. It's just like shave gear just different.
Likewise. At the moment I have 4 Reuzels - all different. A use of particular one depends primarily on the length. After that depending on for which occasion am I getting ready.
With 4 I think I cover all my needs :)

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Any recommendations for what to replace with the Uppercut or Suavecito with...
I think I'd prefer something with a little more sheen. It must be water based.

MattM97

Forum GOD!
Any recommendations for what to replace with the Uppercut or Suavecito with...
I think I'd prefer something with a little more sheen. It must be water based.
Not sure where you're located but that can change how easy it is to get certain pomades.

But I'd say:
* Shear Revival - Crystal Lake.
* Flagship - Blackship
* O'Douds' - Multi Purpose
* Nostalgic Grooming - Medium WB

Those are all unorthodox water based with a medium to firm hold and medium to high shine. The only one that takes a bit of extra effort to wash out is the Blackship just cause of the wax in there.

If you're curious about what I mean for unorthodox water based is that they're water based but look and act like oil based. Some do have some oil/butter in them but it's like castor oil, shea butter, mango butter, avocado butter/oil, lanolin. These actually leave the hair looking and feeling better and kinda why I'm switching to unorthodox water based, oil based pomades and clays to my normal rotation.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Not sure where you're located but that can change how easy it is to get certain pomades.

But I'd say:
* Shear Revival - Crystal Lake.
* Flagship - Blackship
* O'Douds' - Multi Purpose
* Nostalgic Grooming - Medium WB

Those are all unorthodox water based with a medium to firm hold and medium to high shine. The only one that takes a bit of extra effort to wash out is the Blackship just cause of the wax in there.

If you're curious about what I mean for unorthodox water based is that they're water based but look and act like oil based. Some do have some oil/butter in them but it's like castor oil, shea butter, mango butter, avocado butter/oil, lanolin. These actually leave the hair looking and feeling better and kinda why I'm switching to unorthodox water based, oil based pomades and clays to my normal rotation.
It looks like I will struggle to get those in the UK :(

Reuzel Blue or Red.
Red has a bit more sheen but a medium hold.
I have looked at those in the past, so may give them a go this time..

Str8blade

Veteran
It looks like I will struggle to get those in the UK :(

I have looked at those in the past, so may give them a go this time..
I've tried Reuzel's suggestion off their site of putting in their Matte; then hitting it with some of their Red (and I use the Blue this way too). It's pretty good for work. Good hold with a enough sheen for me during working hours. Plus, the vids on their site are a bit comical.