Goodbye (for a while?)

D

Deleted member 30

Guest
I suppose the time to say 'Goodbye' is arrived for me. Perhaps just a break, I don't know. I'm still reluctant to open this thread, but I think I have to follow this way. I also believe many are not interested.
I'm passing a very bad time like some of you know. No job, cancer and two years left to live, sad and tired relationships, suicide thoughts and much more. This place is so friendly and comfortable... You know. That's why I hesitated to open a thread here on ATG. But I'm getting bored of Forums, of the whole wet shaving world which is becoming crazy, with no sense, repetitive, hyped by people who seem to not have a real perception of their own lives anymore. People who buy and buy, sell and then buy maybe the same things they had too. People who make pictures and show theirselves only. Have you ever asked yourself if all of what you're doing is the right thing you're doing to yourself and the others? If you're happy? If you're satisfied of yourself and your family and your life? If you seriously need a help because you're simply bored or depressed in some way? I'm not demonizing what Forums create, especially to minds. Everyone of us is responsable of his own acts. I hope we're able to see our responsabilities. I'm just trying to say we all should get a consciousness (which I really don't see anymore) on what we're doing here too and to not be conscious only when we're living our real lives because, yes, we meet people who say us what to do (job for example). This is not a right-wrong dilemma at all. Mine is not a moral judgment. Just a few words on what we're becoming.
I'd have liked to have written better words, more words, but I don't find them at the moment.
I wanna say thank you to all the ATG members. Especially some of you: you know who you are.
All the best.
I am saddened to hear of your situation and wish I could do something amazing and make it all better for you. Please realise that although your time may of come to say good bye to the forum and its members, the door is and will always be open here at any time you need to pop back in. Even if it's to vent some frustration, PM me if you feel that need.

The questions you ask are some of the questions I too ask myself. Sometimes things don't make any sense at all to me, but to others around me they do and I respect that, providing they are happy. I never really got to know you Yuri in the forum or through the wet shaving community as a close friend but from the deep minded questions alone I can see that you are a very intelligent person and someone I would liked to have got to known. I have a video to show you that I recently watched and it got me thinking on a different level, I hope you can find space and calm in what Eckhart Tolle shares. I wish you all the best with your journey and please do pop back in to the forum... anytime, you don't have to feel your on your own. :hug:


I have since watched probably over 10 hours of his videos. Take good care of yourself friend. :okay:
 

ronald

Senior Member
Sorry to hear about your circumstances. I know wetshaving can be a constant upgraditis struggle but sometimes you can get a combination you like and stick with it for a long time. Even having some small habit like that which is regular and unchanging can provide some stability during difficult times, . I wish you all the best.
 

Gasman

Forum GOD!
Be strong and try to live life the best you can. Its I hard place to be. My best to you and yours.
 

Fidelis

Forum GOD!
This is really, truly sad, a very, very tough situation to bear and I don't pretend to be able to just imagine to be in such a state of life.
All the best, I really hope and wish that you will be able to leave this darkness.

Well, what is wetshaving? A hobby, a choice, a search for distraction or perfection?
Is it worth all the money, the effort, the time?
From a point of life and death, certainly not, not in the slightest.
It is just a refinement of the daily life, not more, not less.
Certainly not something that should overshadow truly important things in life (even if we might forget about this point).
 

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Thank you for your brave, honest and open words, Yuri.
Dealing with cancer is a lousy feeling, I know cause I have survived it twice as a boy and a man but like yourself, It has returned for a third time and the battle is on going. The name I use on this forum is my actual nickname in real life, I live with the darkness and suicidal thoughts as well, they are with me everyday and I just try to find something to help me get through daily and it is not easy but it is all I know.
I am not one of those people who are so wrapped up in bubble of their busy lifestyles watching endless triviality tv,etc I like too stop, look up into a night sky and say Hello old friends, taking my time to ponder about life, the universe or self and ask is this all there f&cking is!
It is just the hand we are are dealt, to some it is not a great hand but it could be the winning hand.
I would be lost without this ATG forum, It is a door into an exterior of my realm a place where people like JamieM makes me laugh with his jokes, Nishy, Rowlers, Halvour, and many, many more enlightened me and shared their generosity with me or I get to see WTF is wrong with Wayne today!
I don't shave as much now as I did, the hair just ain't there but I do like those frangrances. I'm not afraid of holding and using a straight edge and if some of my old doctors knew I used them, they would lock me up again. If you ever want to talk just send me a pm
But keep fighting.
 

jeepie

Forum GOD!
So sorry to hear about your situation Yuri. It sounds very difficult.

Like most people in life I have had my ups and downs with relationships, breakdown and depression. It’s incredibly common for men in particular to suffer mental health problems and coupled with your physical aliments it would be too much for anyone.

You’re doing great by talking to your friends on here for support. Keep talking or try journaling; it’ll help.

Funnily enough, at my lowest point I turned to wet shaving. I personally found that time out to self-care and to really have to concentrate on what you’re doing was an excellent way to get out of my head.

Stick around. Talk and shave.

All the best

Greg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Top