Fitjar soaps and creams available again

AndyC

Forum GOD!
Has the cream been reformulated or is it still the same formula from a few years ago? I remember the old cream didn't blow me away but it was pretty good, better than most of the English creams and the scent of the sandalwood was nice albeit sweet. I'll probably have to give this a go at some point.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Received my Fjellheim refill puck today, looking forward to using it in a short while. Great pine and coniferous scent. Having this and Razor master Ari Pine has provided two separate ends of the pine spectrum. Love the fresh juniper (Fjellheim) and the darker pine tar (Ari Pine).
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I like the sound of that Nishy, as soon as the version in the tub arrives I'm having some. What's the performance like?
 

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
Anxious to try. However, website search comes up with security & certificate issues. US location.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I like the sound of that Nishy, as soon as the version in the tub arrives I'm having some. What's the performance like?
Hi Chris it was very good. Similar to Fine soaps in lather quality and scent strength, slightly softer but by no means a croap. It didn't burst into lather as Haslinger does. However this was its first use with a new brush, so hardly definitive and wasn't hard to lather and load. Scent wise mellow but I adore the scent. Infact anything woody or coniferous is my favourite. This is a fresh forest, green, fall, autumnal, zesty fragrance. Divine.
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
I wonder if they will bring back the Shea Pleasure shaving soap as well - that's still my favorite one of theirs.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Hi Chris it was very good. Similar to Fine soaps in lather quality and scent strength, slightly softer but my no means a croap. It didn't burst into lather as Haslinger does. However this was its first use with a new brush, so hardly definitive and wasn't hard to lather and load. Scent wise mellow but I adore the scent. Infact anything woody or coniferous is my favourite. This is a fresh forest, green, fall, autumnal, zesty fragrance. Divine.
That sounds fantastic, deffo going to order some when it comes in. I seem to be able to lather most things. :)
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
Not tried this DB what kind of scent profile if any did it have?
It actually doesn't have a strong scent to it. I'm almost tempted to say that it's 'nearly unscented but with a slight "ocean" scent'). She made it using organic cold pressed shea butter and is slightly softer than some other of her offerings. It lathers amazingly well and gives one of the most protective/slick lathers I've had.
I have about 1/3 left in one jar and will be sad to see it gone soon.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
It actually doesn't have a strong scent to it. I'm almost tempted to say that it's 'nearly unscented but with a slight "ocean" scent'). She made it using organic cold pressed shea butter and is slightly softer than some other of her offerings. It lathers amazingly well and gives one of the most protective/slick lathers I've had.
I have about 1/3 left in one jar and will be sad to see it gone soon.
This sounds good. Molten Brown have a shea soap (hand soap) which I have used as a shaving soap as you say very slick.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Have used my Fjellheim soap for about 3 shaves now. It has a gorgeous scent. I do love a pine based scent. However my preference for pine is within a wide spectrum. That being coal tar, petrol and pine as well as pine with juniper and a sophisticated ozone based scent. Luckily I have found both. Fjellheim represents the lighter pine option with juniper berries. My Razor master Ari is the darker side of pine. Scent strength on the Fjellheim is about a 5/6 out of 10 similar to Nannys. I wouldn't mind if it were stronger. Where it shines is in its skin care aspect. Very kind and mild on the skin. Lather is quite thick, not as viscous as Tabac, but no issues. Slickness is also above average, but not close to the likes of Stirling. I found the cream sample to be stronger scented than the puck. Fitjar also sent a sample vial of their Fjellheim aftershave balm. Which is very good on the skin, non greasy and easily absorbed.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
How hard is the Fitjar soap? Could it be pressed into a container or would it need to be grated?
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
How hard is the Fitjar soap? Could it be pressed into a container or would it need to be grated?
It is quite hard. Not sure it's soft enough to press into a bowl. Similar to Fine soaps. Not as hard as Tabac but slightly harder than Haslinger.
 
Top