Hi Chris it was very good. Similar to Fine soaps in lather quality and scent strength, slightly softer but by no means a croap. It didn't burst into lather as Haslinger does. However this was its first use with a new brush, so hardly definitive and wasn't hard to lather and load. Scent wise mellow but I adore the scent. Infact anything woody or coniferous is my favourite. This is a fresh forest, green, fall, autumnal, zesty fragrance. Divine.I like the sound of that Nishy, as soon as the version in the tub arrives I'm having some. What's the performance like?
That sounds fantastic, deffo going to order some when it comes in. I seem to be able to lather most things.Hi Chris it was very good. Similar to Fine soaps in lather quality and scent strength, slightly softer but my no means a croap. It didn't burst into lather as Haslinger does. However this was its first use with a new brush, so hardly definitive and wasn't hard to lather and load. Scent wise mellow but I adore the scent. Infact anything woody or coniferous is my favourite. This is a fresh forest, green, fall, autumnal, zesty fragrance. Divine.

Not tried this DB what kind of scent profile if any did it have?I wonder if they will bring back the Shea Pleasure shaving soap as well - that's still my favorite one of theirs.
It actually doesn't have a strong scent to it. I'm almost tempted to say that it's 'nearly unscented but with a slight "ocean" scent'). She made it using organic cold pressed shea butter and is slightly softer than some other of her offerings. It lathers amazingly well and gives one of the most protective/slick lathers I've had.Not tried this DB what kind of scent profile if any did it have?
This sounds good. Molten Brown have a shea soap (hand soap) which I have used as a shaving soap as you say very slick.It actually doesn't have a strong scent to it. I'm almost tempted to say that it's 'nearly unscented but with a slight "ocean" scent'). She made it using organic cold pressed shea butter and is slightly softer than some other of her offerings. It lathers amazingly well and gives one of the most protective/slick lathers I've had.
I have about 1/3 left in one jar and will be sad to see it gone soon.
It is quite hard. Not sure it's soft enough to press into a bowl. Similar to Fine soaps. Not as hard as Tabac but slightly harder than Haslinger.How hard is the Fitjar soap? Could it be pressed into a container or would it need to be grated?