Do forums fuel your spending

Preacher

Über Member
Yep. I learn about different products from forums. I would NEVER have heard of either the ATT R1 or the Timeless Bronze were it not for forums. I like buying soaps and reading on forums give me an introduction to different soaps that I can try.
 

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
To be perfectly honest, whenever I'm interested in a razor the last place I would look would be a shaving forum, that's not to say I haven't picked up some sweet razors on the BST section on a forum, but most of my razors have come my way through other sources.
A lot of activity round Merthyr? I'm from Bridgend - more bourgeois down there.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
You need to ask? Are you having a blonde moment....?

Buyer's remorse... "shall I or shan't I sell the CG/Timeless/Wolfman/ATT/Blackland......?"
No remorse here, I've enjoyed owning every single item I've owned regardless of keeping them or selling them on. Owning them is the fun part as is the trying to sell to fund owning something else. I've never regretted buying anything. Everything has had it's good, bad points. Luckily I'm not chasing perfection, that doesn't exist, you can come close but that's about the best you can expect.
 
D

Deleted member 476

Guest
Forums fuel it but Canada Post tempers it, since it costs regular folk (non-volume shippers) just under $20cdn./$15usd to mail anyone in Canada a single stick of Arko or equivalent. It means that whatever I purchase, I am basically stuck with, regardless.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
This is a trick question, right? Asked by the man who invented the rabbit hole.
No, it's not Steve. This question is in reaction to a PM conversation with another member about the BST section and how some members of forums are influenced by the hype around latest and greatest, then like a Christmas Day Puppy, virtually unwanted once the hype is over in a month or so. Obviously forums influence purchases, without forums we wouldn't know what the latest and greatest is, be it Razors, Brushes or Soap. I'm guilty and wanted to guage how many others are.
 
Top