December Acquisitions 2019

Wayne

Forum Sod
My Daughter bought me a Leather Fragranced Candle in a lovely ceramic and wooden lidded jar for Christmas, The candle is nearly gone now and I intend to use the jar for some shaving soap as it is too good to throw away. After much thinking I have decided the only soap I could possibly use in it, and one I did have and miss is P&B Spitfire. I have bought two tubs to put in my jar, that'll keep me going for a good few years, hopefully I can get a lid sticker off in one piece (If not I'll try to buy one off Kerry) to stick to the jar.
spit.jpg
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
My Daughter bought me a Leather Fragranced Candle in a lovely ceramic and wooden lidded jar for Christmas, The candle is nearly gone now and I intend to use the jar for some shaving soap as it is too good to throw away. After much thinking I have decided the only soap I could possibly use in it, and one I did have and miss is P&B Spitfire. I have bought two tubs to put in my jar, that'll keep me going for a good few years, hopefully I can get a lid sticker off in one piece (If not I'll try to buy one off Kerry) to stick to the jar.
View attachment 60396
Try to print the label in real dimensions and put it on top.
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Was reading last night that Dior are releasing a new 2020 version of Homme... The iris has been replaced with Iso E, many disgruntled voices in the frag community saying it's more like a Sauvage flanker or Office clone. Dior claim the existing version will continue being sold under the name "Homme Original" but nobody seems to believe them lol.
Yeah I heard a rumor. Taking the Iris note out is ridiculous! It's the one note the Homme line is renowned for. The new packaging looks terrible too.
View: https://youtu.be/UTddlm4b5Bs
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Good idea @RandySp but I won't have any paper that would repel water like a real sticker. I'll warm a lid up in the oven to soften the glue a little which should help. I'll give it a go anyway, what's the worst that can happen?
Good idea this too Wayne, and try to keep the lid away from water and no problem.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I decided to revisit the HomeLikeShaving START razor, this time in Satin finish with the 0.90 baseplate.
Tea and biscuits, then a shave.

Hi David, Mine arrived from @Sc0tt today and I have the polished version with the 0.69 and 9.0 solid bar plates. It looks, like all Russian things, to be built like a T-26 Tank, Similar to the Vostok watch I have just bought. I'll report on shave quality shortly.
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Hi David, Mine arrived from @Sc0tt today and I have the polished version with the 0.69 and 9.0 solid bar plates. It looks, like all Russian things, to be built like a T-26 Tank, Similar to the Vostok watch I have just bought. I'll report on shave quality shortly.
Brilliant, Wayne. You did get the 0.69.:)
The razors won't win any beauty prizes, but they're built to last.
 
Top