December 2017 Acquisitions

p.b

Forum GOD!
A couple of Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurians in Sapphire Blue and Ruby Red. The CH2 in Coral was bought in 2012, but I stupidly sold it when I was solely using MW soaps. The buyer had it listed for sale, a couple of weeks ago. I always regretted selling this brush, so am extremely pleased to have had the opportunity to buy it back. The loft is far lower than today's CH2 at only 48mm. The scrub is fantastic and the hair is the best of the Simpson Manchurians I've ever tried over the years.

stunning - esp. the sapphire.
If you ever want to off-load that boring old ivory CH3 for pennies - I'm your man :okay:
 

Mikey J

Forum HOG!
No, don't get me wrong, I just can't use them for some reason. Most folks love them (just ask @Nishy!) and I wish I could use them as they are the prettiest razor on the market. Hope you enjoy it.
Have you tried one with a shim Lee? I struggled to get a good shave with it before shimming...
 

olie29

Über Member
855CEDD7-6E01-4E8F-936A-6B2052D63754.jpeg
A couple of Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurians in Sapphire Blue and Ruby Red. The CH2 in Coral was bought in 2012, but I stupidly sold it when I was solely using MW soaps. The buyer had it listed for sale, a couple of weeks ago. I always regretted selling this brush, so am extremely pleased to have had the opportunity to buy it back. The loft is far lower than today's CH2 at only 48mm. The scrub is fantastic and the hair is the best of the Simpson Manchurians I've ever tried over the years.

Just got my Chubby 2 manchurian in sapphire a few weeks back...In person they look even better...I absolutely love it
 
Top