Cold water shaving

Wayne

Forum Sod
If you like cold water shaving be my guest, but I find it unpleasant and uncomfortable and as I don’t tend to get nicks or weepers with my usual warm water I fail to see the benefit.

@N_Architect may have a point, how hot did you cold advocates have your water before you converted? I can see that using hot water may not be beneficial but struggle to see what benefit cold vs warm would bring.
I used to shave with just pleasantly warm water. Never hot. That really is bad for the skin.
 

Dr Watson

James
Not too hot obviously but not tepid either, if its too hot for your hand its too hot for your brush and thus too hot to shave with... I never measured the temperature, just hot and cold taps both on until the sinks full, thats how I used to do it.
 

bikerjohn666

Über Member
In the end it's one of those things you will either enjoy or hate and the best part about it is it's free to try.
Absolutely spot on. Shaving is a personal thing with almost infinite combinations of razors, soaps, blades, you name it. I've tried the cold water shave, didn't like it, I'll go back to what I enjoy but I certainly gave it a go. I may even try it again when the weather gets hotter. I love this shaving malarky, you know!
 

Lann

Forum GOD!
Never tried it myself. Perhaps whenever we have an absolute scorcher of a day I'll give it a go!!!
 

Tzimisce

Forum GOD!
I don't have a problem, shaving with cold or hot water.
For me, it is like "Which brush/soap/ASL should I use today?".
My preparation though, most of the times is with warm water (not hot).
But that's me, who loves hot showers while outside is at 40+ degrees. :)
 

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
I shave cold regardless of the weather. Same goes for using mentholated soaps (or at least, the Stirling Lemon Chill I own), as I don't discern their use with the weather.
 
Top