Cold water shaving

Grarea

Forum Plod
I warm water shave in the colder months and cold water shave in the hotter months.
I notice no difference in my skin at these different methods and enjoy them both equally.
Yes, I do the same.
I spend a fair amount of my time outside and am cold in the winter, so warm water is nice.
What started me off is the fact that we don't have a combi boiler, so I need to heat a tank of water to get a warm shave in the summer.
Not worth it.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
I warm water shave in the colder months and cold water shave in the hotter months.
I notice no difference in my skin at these different methods and enjoy them both equally.
That is a sensible approach as you eliminate the extremes of water temperature. A lot of people shave with hot to very hot water and I think that could be a problem in causing irritation.

Bob
 
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
If the water burns your hands, it'll surely burn your face.
 

Morecolor

Forum GOD!
I just started cold water shaving this week, head and face..
It took a little getting used to, but I am sticking with it.. I do see and and feel a difference in the post shave
 

The Gentleman

Forum GOD!
I've been using cold water for years. I soak my brush in warm (not hot) water and rinse my face between passes with warm (not hot) water. During passes I rinse my razor in cold water and I always finish the shave with a cold water rinse.
 

bikerjohn666

Über Member
I've tried giving cold water shaving a go a handful of times over the last couple of months but it really hasn't done it for me, I find it quite uncomfortable really even though I always finish a shave with a cold water rinse. However, during winter my flat is like the north face of the Eiger so I may give it another go when the warmer weather gets here.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
How about the scuttle? Don't you have any warn lather shaves Nish?
To be honest when I used to use a scuttle the warmth dried the lather out whilst it sat in the scuttle, between passes. So haven't used a scuttle whilst shaving for some time. I tend to use a scuttle when dialing in a new soap, but then wash it out and initiate a face lather.

To be frank the brushes I now use are mostly high end so face lathering makes sense. Plus I hesitate using a scuttle as it can scratch the resin on a brush if not careful.
 
Top