Brass General SE from Colonial Razors

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Nothing going on there for months now! it's like "Drifting along with the tumblin' tumble-weeds" :headphone:
There are rumblings that they (Colonial Razors) are actually going to go through with a V2.0 of the General. A shave member on another forum stated that he had a conversation with one of the owners via Facebook. They did an about face concerning the General as they were very pleased with a prototype that had a sleeker look and an improved handle. They were really impressed by the prototype sample and looks like they will be going forward with it. More prototypes in May. Hopefully this just wasn't smoke and there's some truth to it. Maybe we will see one in the very near future. Fingers crossed nonetheless......

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
There are rumblings that they (Colonial Razors) prototypes in May. Hopefully this just wasn't smoke and there's some truth to it. Maybe we will see one in the very near future. Fingers crossed nonetheless......
Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, :popcorn::hyper::popcorn:

Colonial Razors

Veteran
Vendor
Hi guys,

It is indeed very true that The General prototype will arrive in early May. The DE razor (crossing fingers) we are hoping to finalize after this prototype in May. A proper unveiling will occur when we are ready for both razors.

Kirk and I have been very silent due to the long periods in between prototyping. We'd hate to give good news and then say oh wait, we have to wait another 2 months before the next prototype arrives.

Colonial will be back and better than ever!

pj3r

Forum GOD!
Hi guys,

It is indeed very true that The General prototype will arrive in early May. The DE razor (crossing fingers) we are hoping to finalize after this prototype in May. A proper unveiling will occur when we are ready for both razors.

Kirk and I have been very silent due to the long periods in between prototyping. We'd hate to give good news and then say oh wait, we have to wait another 2 months before the next prototype arrives.

Fingers cross, Brothers!

Poslano sa mog SM-A600FN koristeći Tapatalk

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Hi guys,

Now that’s what I’m talking about! :thumbsup: :cheers:

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Honestly, Colonial Razors should get the Brass General back into the fold. I love this version but, one that is crafted after the latest version in SS would be just as good. And maybe with that same profile it would shed a few grams possibly giving it a more comfy, controllable feel while still keeping the best aspects of it with it’s smooth & mild feel while being quite efficient. Last night it was just a superb shave paired with a Pro Super as it was literally made for this razor. Smooth yet so efficient that if one can’t get a BBS result with this combo then something is just not right in the shave universe. In my humble opinion and I’ve said it before, it’s their best razor ever produced having used all iterations of the General.

Yes, I’m a huge fan of the Brass Gen…..

C177A1D6-6262-488B-8DCB-A240C40645BA.jpeg

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Felt like having an SE shave today and I wanted it to be smooth yet effective in bringing down whiskers that would be devastating to the hairs but, ultra nice on the skin. That was an easy choice in my shave den, the Brass General. It works extremely well with any blade one uses and in my experience once a Feather Pro Super is installed, it transforms this mild mannered hair reducer into a smooth slicing whisker whacking ninja. Blade feel is slightly enhanced by the natural origin of the Pro Super being slightly wider than the Feather Pro. And that tiny margin in extra width makes all the difference in producing a masterful shave once the Brass General & Pro Super are in unison. The weight of the razor with that fine Japanese steel is a perfect union of shave feel nirvana. Performance and the end result is just exquisite. The feel is unique and solely owned by this razor. For me it combines a perfect union of cutting prowess and superb comfort that only a handful of razors match and arguably surpass regardless of tool classification in either the DE, SE or Injector world.

Just pure class and a true modern classic….

CDEA80C5-A936-4D69-A82C-18084A48FDF7.jpeg

Luckypip

Veteran
Felt like having an SE shave today and I wanted it to be smooth yet effective in bringing down whiskers that would be devastating to the hairs but, ultra nice on the skin. That was an easy choice in my shave den, the Brass General. It works extremely well with any blade one uses and in my experience once a Feather Pro Super is installed, it transforms this mild mannered hair reducer into a smooth slicing whisker whacking ninja. Blade feel is slightly enhanced by the natural origin of the Pro Super being slightly wider than the Feather Pro. And that tiny margin in extra width makes all the difference in producing a masterful shave once the Brass General & Pro Super are in unison. The weight of the razor with that fine Japanese steel is a perfect union of shave feel nirvana. Performance and the end result is just exquisite. The feel is unique and solely owned by this razor. For me it combines a perfect union of cutting prowess and superb comfort that only a handful of razors match and arguably surpass regardless of tool classification in either the DE, SE or Injector world.

Just pure class and a true modern classic….

View attachment 108307
The brass colonial is one of my favourite go to razors for consistently great shaves. I have the smooth version handle and was would like to know if it that lovely shaped handle improves the overall balance. Also where did you get it from ?

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Just a great shaver is the Brass General. Warm and easy on the skin regardless of the AC blade being used. It is on the heavier side but, it just makes the job of shaving that bit more easier as the weight of the General does most of the work. The Stirling Gin & Tonic provided excellent protection, glide and slickness with a nice mentholated touch together with the splash to give a great cooling sensation in the heat during yesterday's shave.

As of this posting there hasn't been an SE razor that combines mild yet efficient feeling cutting with a buttery smoothness. The Paradigm SE Ti is the only razor that I owned that was as smooth and milder feeling but, only worked with a Feather Pro Super for me.

The Brass General for me is in a class by itself.

IMG_20230719_133150.jpg