Bloody slippery alum blocks!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 476

Guest
My alum family. To the left: $2 Potassium Alum shaving block. To the right: Ammonum Alum sticks for killing odor causing bacteria in the armpits. Works like a charm and the stuff lasts forever, so long as I keep them dry after use and don't drop em.

78017914-AD2A-46BA-94A3-FEE15846ED91.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

R181

Grumpy old man
My alum family. To the left: $2 Potassium Alum shaving block. To the right: Ammonum Alum sticks for killing odor causing bacteria in the pits. Works like a charm and the stuff lasts forever, so long as I keep them dry after use and don't drop em.
The stuff you use on your pits is what I use post shave on my face. Yes, it can double as a deodorant saving space in a travel kit. I also dry mine after use to prolong their life and keep them from starting to smell fugly.

Bob
 
D

Deleted member 476

Guest
Well considering that I got that $2 Potassium Alum shaving block about 5 years ago and its only about 20% worn, I might have it forever. I probably only use it once a month these days.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
My alum deodorant has gotten low enough that I’ve bought a replacement for when it runs out. It’s been going for four years so far though.
 

MPH

Forum GOD!
Arghhhhhh
Had to happen. Had the OSMA 75g block for about 6 months. Never looks like it has been used despite regular use. I just knew it would happen one day. Springs out of the wet fingers and does it land on the bath mat. Does it F!!!! Straight into the ceramic shower tray = 2 large irregular pieces and a thousand shards. F . it !!!!!! New one on order. I have others but this IS the best.
I just retracted your tragedy! Dropped my block onto the edge of the sink. Boom. One hundred pieces.

Arse.
 

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
OK, resurrecting an old thread but notwithstanding the ongoing debate over alum quality etc I found this in a moment of 'need to buy some sh*t' madness. These blocks arrived today and they are massive. 2 for that price is robbery. Made in India, time will tell . They seem rough but I am comparing to an Osma block that I have now been using for 18 months and which looks like a piece of quality marble now. I forget what the Osma looked like out of the packet when new. Will update once used post shave but this will not break the bank.

 

p.b

Forum GOD!
Omsa Alum looks like finished but unpolished marble straight out of the box, but then, you are paying for it. After a few weeks I'd image this alum would look polished too.
 
Top