August Acquisitions

August is a great month for me. Not only have I been getting some overtime every week, I get three paychecks this month.

I would like to thank the forum members at ATG for introducing me to Valobra. Is this panic buying? Yes. I'm concerned that Martelli will stop producing this. Upon doing some research (and a good bit of great information I've received from this very forum) I found out that the first puck of shaving soap I ever purchased, AOS Lemon back in 2009 was made by Valobra. Upon doing that I had a shave with it and decided to try the Valobra. It's a really good soap in my opinion. If Martelli decides to change nothing of the current formula I've still lost nothing, perhaps I can give a puck or two away. I've purchased several razors this month and I'd love to show them off as well, perhaps next week. Until then, everyone have a great week!
IMG_3876.JPG
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Two mail calls today: one from Maggard Razors and one from Ariana & Evans UK (missing from the picture is a free soap sample of "Frozen Mojito" which I also received on my previous Ariana & Evans UK order).


I expected more from Stirling, based on what I had read. Nowhere near Barrister or Declaration. I like the 5.8 oz tubs, but...
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
I expected more from Stirling, based on what I had read. Nowhere near Barrister or Declaration. I like the 5.8 oz tubs, but...
I’m expecting it to be 1 step down from the top tier soaps like Barrister and Mann and Ariana & Evans, but I’ll soon find out. But the scents... I have to smell the soaps every couple of hours.
 

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
August is a great month for me. Not only have I been getting some overtime every week, I get three paychecks this month.

I would like to thank the forum members at ATG for introducing me to Valobra. Is this panic buying? Yes. I'm concerned that Martelli will stop producing this. Upon doing some research (and a good bit of great information I've received from this very forum) I found out that the first puck of shaving soap I ever purchased, AOS Lemon back in 2009 was made by Valobra. Upon doing that I had a shave with it and decided to try the Valobra. It's a really good soap in my opinion. If Martelli decides to change nothing of the current formula I've still lost nothing, perhaps I can give a puck or two away. I've purchased several razors this month and I'd love to show them off as well, perhaps next week. Until then, everyone have a great week!View attachment 53275
...I'd say prudent and with the £ heading south and inevitable inflation no doubt you will save a pretty penny as well...
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Much better than Barrister and Declaration for me. Guess it depends on what we like. I'd not buy another B&M or Declaration. Theres many others I'd not buy again either but we won't go there :p:
Scent or performance wise Lee?
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Scent wise I agree. I will revisit my Barbershop from Rod and see if I was doing something wrong when loading and dissolving the lather.

I have yet to read a bad review about Stirling soaps, so I will try again.

The ingredients list is superb. I don't know what it went wrong for me.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Scent wise I agree. I will revisit my Barbershop from Rod and see if I was doing something wrong when loading and dissolving the lather.

I have yet to read a negative review about Stirling soaps, so I will try again.

The ingredients list is superb. I don't know what it went wrong
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Scent wise I agree. I will revisit my Barbershop from Rod and see if I was doing something wrong when loading and dissolving the lather.

I have yet to read a negative review about Stirling soaps, so I will try again.

The ingredients list is superb. I don't know what it went wrong
I just think the US soaps try to hard to make ridiculously fancy arse and complex scents that just don't work. Stirling scents are much simpler and better for it. The performance works for me...
 

Mr Mackay

Forum GOD!
August is a great month for me. Not only have I been getting some overtime every week, I get three paychecks this month.

I would like to thank the forum members at ATG for introducing me to Valobra. Is this panic buying? Yes. I'm concerned that Martelli will stop producing this. Upon doing some research (and a good bit of great information I've received from this very forum) I found out that the first puck of shaving soap I ever purchased, AOS Lemon back in 2009 was made by Valobra. Upon doing that I had a shave with it and decided to try the Valobra. It's a really good soap in my opinion. If Martelli decides to change nothing of the current formula I've still lost nothing, perhaps I can give a puck or two away. I've purchased several razors this month and I'd love to show them off as well, perhaps next week. Until then, everyone have a great week!View attachment 53275
Excellent haul! :notworthy:
 

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
August is a great month for me. Not only have I been getting some overtime every week, I get three paychecks this month.

I would like to thank the forum members at ATG for introducing me to Valobra. Is this panic buying? Yes. I'm concerned that Martelli will stop producing this. Upon doing some research (and a good bit of great information I've received from this very forum) I found out that the first puck of shaving soap I ever purchased, AOS Lemon back in 2009 was made by Valobra. Upon doing that I had a shave with it and decided to try the Valobra. It's a really good soap in my opinion. If Martelli decides to change nothing of the current formula I've still lost nothing, perhaps I can give a puck or two away. I've purchased several razors this month and I'd love to show them off as well, perhaps next week. Until then, everyone have a great week!View attachment 53275
I did exactly the same thing, a reformulation would be unthinkable! :) P.
 
Top