April 2021 Acquisitions

Arora

Über Member
View attachment 90088

I’ve been hankering after Chubby 3 with a synthetic knot to replace the Best and Manchurian Chubby 3’s I used to own before I sold off all of my badger brushes, and it arrived today.

The complimentary tub of cream is, as always a nice touch.

I can’t wait to use the brush later on today. 🙂
I didn’t realise there was a Chubby 3 Synthetic.

It appears to cost less than the Chubby 2. What’s the difference?
 

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I didn’t realise there was a Chubby 3 Synthetic.

It appears to cost less than the Chubby 2. What’s the difference?
As J349 has indicated above, the cost difference is down to the cheaper fibre being used.

I’d like to see them do a Chubby 3 with the premium Muhle STF v2 hair they use in the Chubby 2. I suspect the cost would turn out to be prohibitive, though, given Simpson’s pricing structure.
 

Arora

Über Member
As J349 has indicated above, the cost difference is down to the cheaper fibre being used.

I’d like to see them do a Chubby 3 with the premium Muhle STF v2 hair they use in the Chubby 2. I suspect the cost would turn out to be prohibitive, though, given Simpson’s pricing structure.
My Muhle STF (Jan 2021) and Chubby 2 have different fibres with the CH2 being much softer.

I’ll stick with the CH2 over the CH3 then. I thought there was an upgraded version that I didn’t know about!
 
Top