Any shaving resolutions

Thomas

Forum GOD!
On my side it will be to only by set of soaps and as, no lonely soaps again. And focus on only very special razors instead of many random ones. Oh and work on my technique, I’ve been letting myself go off rail and shave like brute, I think I can get better shaves from my already lovely collection, it’s doing them no justice to shave without at least a little care. ;-)
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Use up a minimum of four soaps and continue my ‘No Net Spend’ policy on Grooming stuff.

As we enter 2019, the baby’s on its way and we still have a few bits to buy, the house is mostly done but needs finishing off, the car’s about to conk out, and my wife gets very little Maternity Allowance as she’s a locum doctor. As such, my disposable income has taken a hit and what little I do have seems to be spent in Screwfix.

I would like to limit purchases to one of each genre (i.e. one razor, one aftershave, one fragrance etc). I’ll be running out of balm, injector blades and fragrance towards the end of the year. I have no need of soap - I estimate that I have enough to last until 2023, excluding the emergency stash of Palmolive sticks!

I have no designs on brushes or razors at the moment although, if a minty British RFB NEW comes along to keep my Hybrid Tech company, I’ll probably jump. There would have to be a revolutionary new synthetic knot or a cool-looking Semogue mixed to make me look at brushes again.
 

Reevers

Berlin Calling
Another vote for No Buy ‘19

(I need to fund a new watch purchase so I’ll be pouring extra cash into that pot)
 

flip-68

Forum GOD!
unfortunately it's become "just shaving" again for the first time since switching from carts.
i was into meditation and zen for a while and read an interesting quote - "before i was into zen trees and mountains were just trees and mountains, when i was learning they became something other than trees and mountains, now, after may years of training they are just trees and mountains again"

you sir, are enlightened :)
 

TobyC

Patriot
Yep, cut down viewing the forums. I said exactly the same thing last year and it never happened :rolleyes: That said, I'm in a completely different position this time around as I'm feeling rather bored with it all, unfortunately it's become "just shaving" again for the first time since switching from carts.
You need to find something to reboot your enthusiasm, restore vintage brushes, shave with your other hand for a month, shave in a dark room with just a small candle. Dress up as your favorite actor and pretend to be him (or her :blush:) shaving.
 

TobyC

Patriot
I thought I had all I needed after too much buying in 2018, like 50 soaps and 10 razors. So New Year's resolution was to downsize.

Until....... I got a Gillette Old Type in an auction lot. This is so good that I'll just have to buy more open comb DE razors. This was my first OC ever, but I'm really liking open combs. Truly a slippery slope. I'm researching dates and models of Gillette OC razors already, and haven't even started on the Fatips and modern ones. This is going to be a real test of willpower......
Fantastic!!! The Gillette OLD is the best all around shaving device ever made!
 

Tzimisce

Forum GOD!
I will try a no buy 2019...
But I am not sure that I will stand this. :(
So, my second option is to let me buy something only if I manage to finish something :)








(like finishing a box of matches before I buy a soap? )
 

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
- Explore further (i.e. try out more extensively) gear that I still keep in the den but seldom use; applies both to hardware and software. What seems to work will be tried/sampled further for confirmation and what does not will be sold or PIFed.
- Clear all my straight razors, keeping very few of 'em (say approx. half a dozen out of the 30-40 I have been left with). This should commence in a month or so.
- Acquire a BR Vector, a Paradigm SE and try out a Paradigm II Ti DE.
- Acquire a couple more Stork Ti handles.
- Become very competent in shaving with the Feather SS, and possibly establish this as my main go-to shaver.
- Acquire a Creed Aventus 500ml flacon and start using the fragrance daily.
- Start to explore more a number of less common fragrances (Xerjoff, etc.) This to continue in 2020.
- Acquire one more Plisson White Evolution.
 
Top