any of you shave using a few different razors within the same shaving session?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date

Blackie

Forum GOD!
I regularly use 2 razors per shave.
First pass with 'something' like the Aristocrat Junior, ss Karve #E or #F plate, or the Timeless ss .95 OC.
Second pass with the ss Blackbird (SB or OC, depending on my mood).
It's sort of like using an adjustable and altering the setting after each pass.
I tried going with the more assertive razor first and then the milder razor for the second pass, but I prefer the other way around. Mild razor first, not so mild second....works for me.
I always have 3 or 4 razors sitting ready with blades fitted just so I can grab whatever one I feel like using.
Why not...no rule books here.
 

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
On few occasions I finished final pass with a Mach3. As 5 day shaver sometime my skin is extra sensitive and needed that Mach3 help.
It isn't something I enjoyed and rather reflects my gear usage was rather poor, resulting in tender skin.
Just my opinion here.
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I used a safety razor to finish off when I was learning to use a straight. I also used to adjust adjustable razors mid-shave when I had them…

Otherwise, no. It’d set off my clutter alarm.
 

wintoid

Out of control
I've got room round my sink for 3 razors to be out, the rest are kept in boxes and I change the razors that are out every so often. Usually I will pick one of the 3 razors that are out, and shave with that. Sometimes I will use 2 or 3 of them for my 3 passes. I usually find that using 3 different razors gives an amazing shave, but I usually avoid doing that because I like the whole comparative assessment between my razors, and you can't do that if you use 3 at a time :)
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I’ve called it the daily double…lol!!

I often use a ‘30’s Schick E2 around my nose where the other styles cannot do well.
 

Mastropiero

Forum GOD!
I read the thread title and I wondered if you were one ilustrious member of a Spanish forum, who's been known to do this, and to experiment with his razors to the point of absurdity.

Then I remembered I could barely understand him in Spanish so I guess I wouldn't stand a chance in hell if he decided to speak the Queen's. 😂😂


And to answer your question, no, I do not, unless I have to test the edge on two different razors.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
I read the thread title and I wondered if you were one ilustrious member of a Spanish forum, who's been known to do this, and to experiment with his razors to the point of absurdity.

Then I remembered I could barely understand him in Spanish so I guess I wouldn't stand a chance in hell if he decided to speak the Queen's. 😂😂


And to answer your question, no, I do not, unless I have to test the edge on two different razors.
ohhh no that aint me lol
 

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
I’ve done it before but only in the unfortunate scenario of starting a shave with a new (to me) razor, having a bad experience then turning to a tried and trusted, familiar tool to execute the final shave. Too much mess and too much cleaning up. That said, I’m a firm believer in doing what works for you and enjoying your shave, your way. Boom.
 

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
When I started using a straight razor, I would suppliment a saftey razor. Once my honing and skill increased, that was not necessary.

It has been close to 10 months since I used most of my collections. It was because of a move. Now that I am settled, my interest has returned. I can see using two again and just for grins.
 

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
When I started using a straight razor, I would suppliment a saftey razor. Once my honing and skill increased, that was not necessary.

It has been close to 10 months since I used most of my collections. It was because of a move. Now that I am settled, my interest has returned. I can see using two again and just for grins.
I’d love to have the patience for that but alas…
Well done, sir.
 

Estariol

Forum GOD!
As a matter of fact, yes. I use one for the first two passes, and then a Devette (DE razor with a baseplate with the SB removed) for pickups on concave areas on the neck and places with quirky growth direction.
 
Top