any of you shave using a few different razors within the same shaving session?

  • Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
hey people so sometimes i have a bit of a weird habit of loading blades into a few different razors and using them all within the same shaving session,
was wondering if anyone else this at all?

like last shave for example, started with shavette did about 70% then went onto the leaf razors for about 20% then fancied using the fatrip grande open comb razor to finish off and straight side burns as i got a beard etc and touch up and missing bits and do neck line etc

was rather enjoyable tbh, as one frustrating thing for me is always having to wait a few days between head shaves,
obviously if youre a facial shaver you could get away with shaving more often imo
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
I’m being deliberately daft but I can’t say I have, aside from sometimes bringing the Twig out to get around the ears if I’m being the Leaf on the dome.
that i can sort of understand as its more to compliment the leaf shave

i suppose because i love going against the grain especially at the sides diagonally upwards where for me its the more sort of sensitive area i just like to mix it up here and there, thats not to say i cant get it done with one razor of course i can, suppose i might indirectly be trying to make it more fun? i dunno.....just was wondering if anyone is a weirdo like me lol
 

Grarea

Forum Plod
I don't, but I would like to.
I only shave every two or three days and I find some razors more efficient at mowing the longer growth.
Then I prefer another one to finish off.
I would like to, but I don't.
Too lazy :)
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
I don't, but I would like to.
I only shave every two or three days and I find some razors more efficient at mowing the longer growth.
Then I prefer another one to finish off.
I would like to, but I don't.
Too lazy :)
yea only thing is and its just minor but you have to do a little extra cleaning up at the end of it
 

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
The only time I use more than one razor during a session is when I use a DE. I start with the DE for 2/3 passes and do a clean up with a Mach3, Sensor or SE. I find there are places on my face that I just can’t shave closely enough with the DE without inflicting a few nicks or weepers. Because of this, for the past few years I’ve used a Mach3 or Sensor almost exclusively.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
just had an interesting amazing shave tbh

four razors, four nacet blades and an amazing results

so i loaded up my yaqi katana se razor, edwin jagger de89 kelvin,
Jagen David E02 and fatip piccollo slant open comb razor

so yea when im not using a razor i just leave it in the sink which is full of water and pick out whichever one i fancy tbh
honestly though i forgot how good the Jagen David E02 and edwin jagger de89 kelvin are tbh,
the Jagen David E02 in particular, i got it in april 2018 for like £5.99 according to my amazon purchase history and its really efficent, has more blade exposure then the ej de89 and is lightweight with a plastic handle and the handle is long too,
honestly really enjoyed using these razors, maybe ive been overlooking how good they are...

think im going to do this more often tbh, was fun and because i dont shave as much as facial shavers due to head shaving only it means i can use more of my razors more often and at a quicker pace too
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
Very True
just seems a hassle to me.
i’m bad enough trying to pick one razor
god forbid i need to think about half a dozen per shave
yea true can be a hassle if you change blade after every shave like me,
but if you use the same blades for a couple of shaves then at least once theyre loaded youre good to go for a while...
 
Top