All your shaving gear has just disappeared...

Escanor21

Forum GOD!
The evil antishaving wizard... Ok let's see. Definitely a Pils 118NL that thing is something else for me visually. Some bolzanos, nacets and astra greens to go with it. For a brush after dealing with lots of big brushes I would settle for something smaller like a simpsons duke 3 in super. For soaps i would go for a haslinger schalfmisch and a abbate y la mantia crumiro. Asl a floid black edition and 444 after shave gel. And then whatever it would may come.
 

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
The evil antishaving wizard... Ok let's see. Definitely a Pils 118NL that thing is something else for me visually. Some bolzanos, nacets and astra greens to go with it. For a brush after dealing with lots of big brushes I would settle for something smaller like a simpsons duke 3 in super. For soaps i would go for a haslinger schalfmisch and a abbate y la mantia crumiro. Asl a floid black edition and 444 after shave gel. And then whatever it would may come.
The 118NL Pils razor is a thing of beauty it has to be said! :) P.
 
Last edited:

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Overall this wouldn't be an easy task for me. I would definitely downsize, because less is more. I'd probably start over again with something like this:

RAZORS
- Gillette SkinGuard
- Mühle R41 with iKon Bulldog handle
- A shavette for shaving the hair on the back of my neck (either my CJB Kamisori or my DOVO or Jaguar shavette)

I might add a few more razors down the road (maybe the Merkur 34C and/or the RazoRock Black Hawk V2).

BLADES
-
Gillette SkinGuard
- Schick Proline P-30 (SE)
- Perma-Sharp Super (DE)
- Rapira Platinum Lux (DE)
- Voskhod (DE)

BRUSHES
This is the easy part. I would only rebuy 3 out of my 15 brushes. I'd skip all of my badger & boar brushes because synthetics are just easier to work with in my opinion.

- APShaveCo Jet Black Cashmere 24mm (my favourite brush)
- Maggard Razors SilkSmoke 24mm with Blue/White handle (feels a lot like my Cashmere)
- Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown 24mm

SOAPS
This is the hardest part, I'd probably start over again with 6 soaps and add more down the road. I'd also explore less and stick to a handful of brands that work for me.

- Barrister and Mann Terror
- Barrister and Mann Nordost
- Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse
- Ariana & Evans Cannabliss Santal
- Stirling Iced Pineapple
- Stirling Orange Chill

AFTERSHAVE BALMS
I'd probably skip Zingari Man Unscented Aftershave Balm since it's more expensive than Stirling balms and I don't really find it any better.

- Stirling Unscented
- Stirling Iced Pineapple
- Stirling Orange Chill

AFTERSHAVE SPLASHES
- Barrister and Mann Terror
- Barrister and Mann Nordost
- Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse
- Ariana & Evans Cannabliss Santal
- Stirling Iced Pineapple
- Stirling Orange Chill

OTHER AFTERSHAVE PRODUCTS
- Osma alum block
- Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel Toner

These are my thoughts right now, they might change on a day-to-day basis.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
Overall this wouldn't be an easy task for me. I would definitely downsize, because less is more. I'd probably start over again with something like this:

RAZORS
- Gillette SkinGuard
- Mühle R41 with iKon Bulldog handle
- A shavette for shaving the hair on the back of my neck (either my CJB Kamisori or my DOVO or Jaguar shavette)

I might add a few more razors down the road (maybe the Merkur 34C and/or the RazoRock Black Hawk V2).

BLADES
-
Gillette SkinGuard
- Schick Proline P-30 (SE)
- Perma-Sharp Super (DE)
- Rapira Platinum Lux (DE)
- Voskhod (DE)

BRUSHES
This is the easy part. I would only rebuy 3 out of my 15 brushes. I'd skip all of my badger & boar brushes because synthetics are just easier to work with in my opinion.

- APShaveCo Jet Black Cashmere 24mm (my favourite brush)
- Maggard Razors SilkSmoke 24mm with Blue/White handle (feels a lot like my Cashmere)
- Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown 24mm

SOAPS
This is the hardest part, I'd probably start over again with 6 soaps and add more down the road. I'd also explore less and stick to a handful of brands that work for me.

- Barrister and Mann Terror
- Barrister and Mann Nordost
- Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse
- Ariana & Evans Cannabliss Santal
- Stirling Iced Pineapple
- Stirling Orange Chill

AFTERSHAVE BALMS
I'd probably skip Zingari Man Unscented Aftershave Balm since it's more expensive than Stirling balms and I don't really find it any better.

- Stirling Unscented
- Stirling Iced Pineapple
- Stirling Orange Chill

AFTERSHAVE SPLASHES
- Barrister and Mann Terror
- Barrister and Mann Nordost
- Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse
- Ariana & Evans Cannabliss Santal
- Stirling Iced Pineapple
- Stirling Orange Chill

OTHER AFTERSHAVE PRODUCTS
- Osma alum block
- Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel Toner

These are my thoughts right now, they might change on a day-to-day basis.
To answer your question, more or less, your list suits me a lot.

Definitely any B&M Excelsior, probably Seville, A&E - Asian Plum, Stirling but not the Barbershop again, probably the Agar. PAA also, the Cavendish and probably a Southern Witchcrafts soap.

Are those Stirling balms so good? I mean, I found the Autumn Glory for 7$ and I think I must make a move.

I would start with 6 artisans soaps too, no creams at all.

PS Oh as for the brushes, indeed synthetics give me what I want instantly, but I would buy again almost all my tuxedos. Didn't you like any of these?

The Silksmoke is a knot I would like to try.
 

nickc

Über Member
To answer your question, more or less, your list suits me a lot.

Definitely any B&M Excelsior, probably Seville, A&E - Asian Plum, Stirling but not the Barbershop again, probably the Agar. PAA also, the Cavendish and probably a Southern Witchcrafts soap.

Are those Stirling balms so good? I mean, I found the Autumn Glory for 7$ and I think I must make a move.

I would start with 6 artisans soaps too, no creams at all.

PS Oh as for the brushes, indeed synthetics give me what I want instantly, but I would buy again almost all my tuxedos. Didn't you like any of these?

The Silksmoke is a knot I would like to try.
I just sold all my creams and now have one soap and two more on the way.
Synthetics are definitely the way to go; I am lucky to have started on them and never actually bought a badger/boar brush.
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
To answer your question, more or less, your list suits me a lot.

Definitely any B&M Excelsior, probably Seville, A&E - Asian Plum, Stirling but not the Barbershop again, probably the Agar. PAA also, the Cavendish and probably a Southern Witchcrafts soap.

Are those Stirling balms so good? I mean, I found the Autumn Glory for 7$ and I think I must make a move.

I would start with 6 artisans soaps too, no creams at all.

PS Oh as for the brushes, indeed synthetics give me what I want instantly, but I would buy again almost all my tuxedos. Didn't you like any of these?

The Silksmoke is a knot I would like to try.
I like Stirling balms a lot yes. They are very good and cheap. Some people find them a bit thick consistency-wise. Zingari Man's unscented (non-Sego) balm is thinner and absorbs a bit faster, but I prefer the face feel of Stirling balms. I only have one Tuxedo brush (Yaqi) and I don't like the amount of backbone it has. It has loosened up a bit over time, but I still prefer my Cashmere by a mile. I don't think the Maggard Razors one is a real SilkSmoke because I read that the SilkSmoke knot is supposed to have a decent amount of backbone while mine almost hasn't got any (which I prefer).
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
I like Stirling balms a lot yes. They are very good and cheap. Some people find them a bit thick consistency-wise. Zingari Man's unscented (non-Sego) balm is thinner and absorbs a bit faster, but I prefer the face feel of Stirling balms. I only have one Tuxedo brush (Yaqi) and I don't like the amount of backbone it has. It has loosened up a bit over time, but I still prefer my Cashmere by a mile. I don't think the Maggard Razors one is a real SilkSmoke because I read that the SilkSmoke knot is supposed to have a decent amount of backbone while mine almost hasn't got any (which I prefer).
I can handle extra thick balms. I prefer them from the thinner ones. Are they long lasting, as for the hydration or is it like those which you put them after the shave and you need to apply a moisturizer afterwards?

So, I could recommend a Yaqi Cashmere 22mm at 9€ wit free shipping.

Is it easy to load from harder soaps with a Cashmere? What about density?
 

CobraX

Forum GOD!
I can handle extra thick balms. I prefer them from the thinner ones. Are they long lasting, as for the hydration or is it like those which you put them after the shave and you need to apply a moisturizer afterwards?

So, I could recommend a Yaqi Cashmere 22mm at 9€ wit free shipping.

Is it easy to load from harder soaps with a Cashmere? What about density?
I don't put anything on my face except for aftershave splashes, aftershave balms or witch hazel (and alum sometimes). I also mostly shave in the evening, so not sure how long Stirling balms last hydration-wise, plus I don't have dry skin so I'm probably not the best one to ask.

I have only tried two Cashmere brushes so far, both from APShaveCo, so can't really speak for other brands. However, if you're looking at the Yaqi Cashmere brush with orange handle, please read the description, it has a bigger glue bump, that's why it's so cheap. I almost ordered that one a while ago, until I read that sentence...

I have no trouble loading my Cashmere brush with any of my artisan soaps. I haven't tried it with my triple-milled TOBS and DR Harris soaps, but I don't use these soaps anymore. Density is very good in my opinion (here's a top view picture from APShaveCo).
 

Steve

Boomer Member
Overall this wouldn't be an easy task for me. I would definitely downsize, because less is more. I'd probably start over again with something like this:

RAZORS
- Gillette SkinGuard
- Mühle R41 with iKon Bulldog handle
- A shavette for shaving the hair on the back of my neck (either my CJB Kamisori or my DOVO or Jaguar shavette)

I might add a few more razors down the road (maybe the Merkur 34C and/or the RazoRock Black Hawk V2).

BLADES
-
Gillette SkinGuard
- Schick Proline P-30 (SE)
- Perma-Sharp Super (DE)
- Rapira Platinum Lux (DE)
- Voskhod (DE)

BRUSHES
This is the easy part. I would only rebuy 3 out of my 15 brushes. I'd skip all of my badger & boar brushes because synthetics are just easier to work with in my opinion.

- APShaveCo Jet Black Cashmere 24mm (my favourite brush)
- Maggard Razors SilkSmoke 24mm with Blue/White handle (feels a lot like my Cashmere)
- Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown 24mm

SOAPS
This is the hardest part, I'd probably start over again with 6 soaps and add more down the road. I'd also explore less and stick to a handful of brands that work for me.

- Barrister and Mann Terror
- Barrister and Mann Nordost
- Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse
- Ariana & Evans Cannabliss Santal
- Stirling Iced Pineapple
- Stirling Orange Chill

AFTERSHAVE BALMS
I'd probably skip Zingari Man Unscented Aftershave Balm since it's more expensive than Stirling balms and I don't really find it any better.

- Stirling Unscented
- Stirling Iced Pineapple
- Stirling Orange Chill

AFTERSHAVE SPLASHES
- Barrister and Mann Terror
- Barrister and Mann Nordost
- Ariana & Evans Grecian Horse
- Ariana & Evans Cannabliss Santal
- Stirling Iced Pineapple
- Stirling Orange Chill

OTHER AFTERSHAVE PRODUCTS
- Osma alum block
- Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel Toner

These are my thoughts right now, they might change on a day-to-day basis.
That's downsizing? Bloody hell!
 

nickc

Über Member
Out of interest, how do you know synthetics are definitely the way to go if you've never even tried a badger or boar?
Out of interest, why should an animal die for my shaving needs when synthetics work fine?

I just saw a family of boar crossing the road into the forest by my house, I have absolutely no interest in using a product made from them.

Go ahead and enjoy your brushes and I will enjoy my synthetics.
 
Last edited:
Top