Acquistion Disorder Killer

D

Deleted member 476

Guest
I once experimented with vintage DE razors and acquired about 14 in my travels to find the one razor (Rocket HD) that serves me well and haven't deviated since. I have a single small drawer full of shaving gear but keep it in check since clutter scares me.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Just when you think it's all over they catch you by the goonies again. Take this week for example, I ended up buying a Semogue! Yes I have many excellent badgers and yes I prefer Omega boar knots. So with that logic and having just received a badger re-knot, I bought a Semogue... justification...it was on sale.

I was excited when waiting to receive the brush. I was excited to use the brush and have enjoyed using it to this day. Acquisition disorder lays dormant till your eyes locate a good deal :)
 

MrK1

Forum GOD!
Just when you think it's all over they catch you by the goonies again. Take this week for example, I ended up buying a Semogue! Yes I have many excellent badgers and yes I prefer Omega boar knots. So with that logic and having just received a badger re-knot, I bought a Semogue... justification...it was on sale.

I was excited when waiting to receive the brush. I was excited to use the brush and have enjoyed usimg it to this day. Acquisition disorder lays dormant till your eyes locate a good deal :)
Which one did you get?
 

Preacher

Über Member
Just when you think it's all over they catch you by the goonies again. Take this week for example, I ended up buying a Semogue! Yes I have many excellent badgers and yes I prefer Omega boar knots. So with that logic and having just received a badger re-knot, I bought a Semogue... justification...it was on sale.

I was excited when waiting to receive the brush. I was excited to use the brush and have enjoyed usimg it to this day. Acquisition disorder lays dormant till your eyes locate a good deal :)
I find that I have to limit my looking and shopping. If I do to much eye-balling, then I'll end up buying something else whether I need it or not. Although I love my ATT and the shave I get from it, I still desire a Timeless Bronze. I'm sure if I keep looking, I'll find one at an agreeable price and that will restart my RAD!!! These forums also encourage acquisition disorder.
 
Last edited:

Wilga

Forum GOD!
I guess in one way my lack of smell stops any need to stack up on soaps. As long as it produces a good lather I’m happy. As for brushes and razors, if I only had the latest xyxes razor I’d be happy. Similar story with brushes but here I’ve found that I like boar bristle so that does help a bit.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
What's the backbone like Nishy? I had a 830 and it was just a floppy mop...
Yeah I have to say I would have liked more density in the knot and backbone. This is why I consider the Omega 1009 (I think) to be far better. However the knot should relax with use. So a bigger splay, not sure it will help backbone much though.
 

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
Which are in your top five?
Here's two photos of my favorite brushes.
#1. Brad Sears custom with "unicorn" 3-band (crazy gel tips).
#2. Declaration ivory Jefferson B5.
#3. Brad Sears Archduke with "unicorn" 3-band.
IMG_20180915_135350.jpg

#4. Varlet Everest K2 finest knot.
#5. Varlet Orion alpine knot.
#6. Rudy Vey handle with pre-2014 Romera Manchurian 2-band knot (before he started selling crap).
IMG_20180915_135456.jpg
 
Last edited:

Bugdoc

Forum GOD!
Hopefully my RAD was cured this week. Finally scored a first generation Tradere OC. Not sure of anything else I could want
 
Top