Acquisitions October 2017

halvor

a most elusive fish
I think you will like the Floid. I'm down to my last bottle and a half that I bought from an Eastern European site a couple of years ago but then lost the details. The only places I've seen it available since have been at stupid prices and it looks as though you paid a premium based on your comment. Where was it from?
Did command a premium, yes, but less than from certain auction site vultures. 47.95 EUR plus postage and potential fees. I don’t know what it sold for when readily available, though.

Barbiere di Figaro, which I think must be the only store with remaining stocks.

http://www.barbieredifigaro.nl/after-shave-floid-blue-400ml-superprijs
 

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Did command a premium, yes, but less than from certain auction site vultures. 47.95 EUR plus postage and potential fees. I don’t know what it sold for when readily available, though.

Barbiere di Figaro, which I think must be the only store with remaining stocks.

http://www.barbieredifigaro.nl/after-shave-floid-blue-400ml-superprijs
My three bottles were less than 60 euros in total. I assume that Flood in Spain are no longer producing this version and sellers are taking advantage of low availability.
 

halvor

a most elusive fish
Even if the aftershave depicted above is referred to as the Italian version, it is produced in Spain by Colomer according to the back label. As is the yourshaving EdT you linked to I believe.

<Edit:> strike that. Intercosmo (IT) became part of Revlon Group, which again became part of Colomer Group (ES). So it may have been produced in Italy even if labelled as a Colomer product. People on the forums at least say that this last brief production run indeed was similar to the old Italian version. The brand originated in 1930s Spain — to make the confusion complete! <End Edit.>

Just like EdT and EdP versions of the same fragrance are different, so are these probably. At least according to this Amazon reviewer:
80CE8B9B-D961-41C9-A156-7499BA2CADB5.png
 
Last edited:

MPF9

Forum GOD!
My three bottles were less than 60 euros in total. I assume that Flood in Spain are no longer producing this version and sellers are taking advantage of low availability.
Seen today around Euro 25 on Gifts & Care.
 

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Just Posted Arrivals and Knock on the Door With this.
ER 1914 in unusual celluloid Travel Case [ Pristine] , Razor has large blade stops. Downside cover tension spring
fell out , but cover still secure enough to Shave with.

This may be the New Home for my 12tooth ER 1914 Travel Razor.



IMG_0042.jpg


IMG_0041.jpg
 

UKRob

Forum GOD!
Even if the aftershave depicted above is referred to as the Italian version, it is produced in Spain by Colomer according to the back label. As is the yourshaving EdT you linked to I believe.

<Edit:> strike that. Intercosmo (IT) became part of Revlon Group, which again became part of Colomer Group (ES). So it may have been produced in Italy even if labelled as a Colomer product. People on the forums at least say that this last brief production run indeed was similar to the old Italian version. The brand originated in 1930s Spain — to make the confusion complete! <End Edit.>

Just like EdT and EdP versions of the same fragrance are different, so are these probably. At least according to this Amazon reviewer:
View attachment 19569
I'm pretty sure that references to 'Italian' are just generic and that the bottles marked Spain were actually made there. It's very strange that both the original Italian made version and now this Spanish one have both been discontinued. Perhaps there is some dispute as to Trade marks or whatever. My understanding is that the Italian brands and Spanish brands were separated even though both used the Floid name. Anyway, I read that Williams Aqua Velva is a good substitute so I've ordered some and will let you have an opinion.
 

Dr Watson

James
Hi James,
What's the score about this 'Gary' EDT? I've seen it in a couple of posts? Is it a clone of something?
Nice bar of soap BTW.
Yes Rob, according to the good folks at Fragrantica it’s a dead ringer for Creed Viking... I kid you not!

I’ve not tried Viking so can’t confirm whether that’s true or not but I can tell you “Gary” is a decent edt in its own right. Vanilla, coconut, sweet citrus, amber & musk... It’s a bit lke expensive suntan lotion! Reminds me of days at the beach as a child :)
 
Top