Acquisitions - October 2016

Darkbulb

Member #10
This beautiful, vintage Rotbart DE with the more unusual base plate arrived from Europe today.
It's in great condition and should be really interesting to shave with.

Note: I assume that this razor was made after Gillette bought Otto Roth Inc, in the 1920s.
Since there is no DRGM stamp on it I'm tempted to date it post-1945 - maybe around 1950?


 
Last edited:

flobberdob

Forum GOD!
Not technically a acquisition as the Mrs bought it from TK Max for her but it is a really great face scrub, dunno if it is the olive oil in it but it leaves my face with this thin film that is excellent for helping glide.

IMG_1391.JPG
 

pjgh

Forum GOD!
This beautiful, vintage Rotbart DE with the more unusual base plate arrived from Europe today.
It's in great condition and should be really interesting to shave with.

Note: I assume that this razor was made after Gillette bought Otto Roth Inc, in the 1920s.
Since there is no DRGM stamp on it I'm tempted to date it post-1945 - maybe around 1950?


Lordy! Lord! That's nice. Good score!
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
My P&B Star Noir has landed. I'll shave with it tomorrow. I know it will be good. The scent is strong and complex. I know this sounds silly but I rarely can pick up scents on the first few sniffs it takes me a while to take in complex scents.
 

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
My P&B Star Noir has landed. I'll shave with it tomorrow. I know it will be good. The scent is strong and complex. I know this sounds silly but I rarely can pick up scents on the first few sniffs it takes me a while to take in complex scents.
I'm glad it's strong, something some of the P&B scents don't have as they are more subtle. Looking forward to shaving with this tonight hopefully (I hope it fit through the letterbox)
 

Dogsmro

Forum GOD!
My P&B Star Noir has landed. I'll shave with it tomorrow. I know it will be good. The scent is strong and complex. I know this sounds silly but I rarely can pick up scents on the first few sniffs it takes me a while to take in complex scents.
I could barely smell it in the tub, but rubbed some on my fingers and WOW exploded into heavenly life, YUMMY
 

pjgh

Forum GOD!
More attars ...

Anfar Bend by Oudh al Anfar
Oudh Abyat by Al Haramain
Fakat Lil Rijal & Nisa ("for Him" and "for Her") by Al Haramain
 
Top