3D printed Shaving Bowl

S

Steve Bowles

Guest
Not bothered about the brush holder; if you lose it, fine. The bottom of mine seems to be coming off, so I'll be ordering another one when you get them going again.
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Not bothered about the brush holder; if you lose it, fine. The bottom of mine seems to be coming off, so I'll be ordering another one when you get them going again.
Oh dear not good. Sometimes the bottom layer can be a problem, recently been increasing the heated bed temp which solves it, PM coming your way.
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Finally got the printer going today. I have changed the location of the printer and it’s now in a better positi9n away from any risk of a draft. I also changed a few settings, increasing the temperatures on the nozzle and the base. This resulted in a much better print. I have a couple of bowls worth on the filament spool so I am going to run it out then retry the ABS filament, again at higher settings. I know there is a couple of people interested so please be patient. I have loads of ABS in some nice bright colours. I’m thinking I will run a load up and then offer them out for sale.

0749BCA8-0813-4607-BD24-D09EC6AD6A90.jpeg


Its much smoother than it looks and the base is super smooth now. These things do take a bit of work to find the best settings.
 
Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Forgot to add the redesign is still a work in progress. As for straight sides too, well I haven’t the knowledge to attempt that, but if anyone is a genius on CAD and wants to try I am more than willing to attempt to print anything.
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Hi are you still printing those shaving bowls. How much do you charge? Where can I order?
Yeah I have a couple ready to go. I had come to a halt, the printer hot bed had a solder come loose, been trying ABS filament and that went wrong. But it’s looking good now, back to PLA and waiting on another to finish which is in a different colour. I’ll PM you tomorrow a photo of what I have.
 
Top