YouTube Shaving Channels

mantic59

Forum GOD!
I'd be really interested in seeing you do some reviews with some UK artisans soaps. I'm sure we can get you some samples! what do you say? :cool:
+100 Good shout !! I'd also like to see this @mantic59 :popcorn::bravo:
Do you have any suggestions for UK artisans I should look at?

By the way, I normally don't accept samples to help avoid the perception of bias or conflict-of-interest. I usually just buy the product unless there are special circumstances (like timing an article to coincide with a product launch). Sharpologist's review policy.
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Do you have any suggestions for UK artisans I should look at?
@mantic59 i'd put my top 3 against any international Artisan to not only hold their own. For the purposes of transparency if its forum members were to get you samples would that be doable. That way it would be unbiased.

Wickham 1912 (scent either Classic 24, Magnum or Club Cola)

Phoenix and Beau (scent either Albion or Spit Fire)

OSP (scent either Orange and Patchouli or Grapefruit and Menthol)
 
Last edited:

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Do you have any suggestions for UK artisans I should look at?

By the way, I normally don't accept samples to help avoid the perception of bias or conflict-of-interest. I usually just buy the product unless there are special circumstances (like timing an article to coincide with a product launch). Sharpologist's review policy.
Do you charge for your reviews @mantic59 ?
 

mantic59

Forum GOD!
Do you charge for your reviews @mantic59 ?
Not as a rule, no. I do occasionally run a sponsored post or video but it's always labeled that way and I tell the sponsor up front that I need to use the product for a while and I will give my honest opinion (I have found some really nice products that way--Beau Brummel For Men is a good example--and I have turned down many opportunities, too).
 

mantic59

Forum GOD!
Nannys Silly Soap
Phoenix & Beau
Wickhams
OSP
@mantic59 i'd put my top 3 against any international Artisan to not only hold their own. For the purposes of transparency if its forum members were to get you samples would that be doable. That way it would be unbiased.

Wickham 1912 (scent either Classic 24, Magnum or Club Cola)

Phoenix and Beau (scent either Albion or Spit Fire)

OSP (scent either Orange and Patchouli or Grapefruit and Menthol)
I have some Wickham "Russian Leather" that I like. I should get going on a review of that. :)

Been a while since I tried Nanny's: it didn't perform particularly well for me with my hard water. I'll have to pick up a new puck to see how it's changed.

I'm not very familiar with OSP but I see they have both shave soap and shave cream. Should I try the soap or the cream first?

Looks like most of the Phoenix & Beau shave soaps are sold out (at least on their site) which sort of concerns me. The descriptions of Albion and Spit Fire don't really "trip my trigger" but I might pick up some Imperial Rum. :)
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I have some Wickham "Russian Leather" that I like. I should get going on a review of that. :)

Been a while since I tried Nanny's: it didn't perform particularly well for me with my hard water. I'll have to pick up a new puck to see how it's changed.

I'm not very familiar with OSP but I see they have both shave soap and shave cream. Should I try the soap or the cream first?

Looks like most of the Phoenix & Beau shave soaps are sold out (at least on their site) which sort of concerns me. The descriptions of Albion and Spit Fire don't really "trip my trigger" but I might pick up some Imperial Rum. :)
@mantic59 yes indeed on the Wickham front Russian Leather is up there as a solid scent. I go through cycles of which scents I use near solid for weeks and Russian Leather is one i've just restocked so good choice IMO.

Not sure why the P&B site is sold out, @phoenixandbeau any input?

And for OSP i'd go soap first IMO
 

phoenixandbeau

Forum GOD!
@mantic59 yes indeed on the Wickham front Russian Leather is up there as a solid scent. I go through cycles of which scents I use near solid for weeks and Russian Leather is one i've just restocked so good choice IMO.

Not sure why the P&B site is sold out, @phoenixandbeau any input?

And for OSP i'd go soap first IMO
Yep, sure. A lot of the time it comes down to demand. That and the fact that Phoenix and Beau is a two person operation (Sarah and myself) that fits in with the raising of our two nippers (7 and nearly 4) and my full time occupation elsewhere.

Busy. Times.

All good, though :D
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Yep, sure. A lot of the time it comes down to demand. That and the fact that Phoenix and Beau is a two person operation (Sarah and myself) that fits in with the raising of our two nippers (7 and nearly 4) and my full time occupation elsewhere.

Busy. Times.

All good, though :D
Your doing great Kerry and we're all grateful for it. But I'm sure you don't need me telling you that :)
 

Rusty Blade

Forum GOD!
My favourite is briarwood138...Joe from Queens. Nick shaves is a class act...his reviews are always informative.
 
Top