Your Worst Soaps!

D

Deleted member 1881

I would like to know the prices of the super smooth and tallow based. I think I don't have enough soaps. I want to fill the living room also, because bathroom is already full..

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1881

Where can we get some samples from super smooth & tallow Darron?
How can I get to the testers list?

It is impossible for me to wait until they come to Greece, but you already knew that!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lann

Forum GOD!
Only soaps that I wouldn't touch again are Natural Ireland Seaweed and Stout, Tabac and Tiki Bar Soap - in order of how badly my skin reacted to them. Scent wise Natural Ireland Seaweed and Stout and Tabac both smell like the devil's arm pit. Loved the Davy Jones' Locker scent but my face didn't unfortunately.

qVAMPIREp

Forum GOD!
I am curious since those are all triple milled soaps. What triple milled soaps do you like?
Saponificio Varesino, Pre De Provence, Dr. Harris, etc. all fine. MWF and Williams fail to produce what I consider a useable stable lather. No point in using them when even a cheap stick of Arko blows them away.

Erasmic shave stick. Current formulation of Floris. (old/older stuff is good) ..Trumpers (though apparently they have improved recently) and Crabtree & Evelyn which is made by same company as Trumpers.
Also La Toja.. great performance but gave me awful irritation, burning and rashes.

D

Deleted member 476

Saponificio Varesino, Pre De Provence, Dr. Harris, etc. all fine. MWF and Williams fail to produce what I consider a useable stable lather. No point in using them when even a cheap stick of Arko blows them away.
I do find the triple-milled a lot more work to dial in. Typically have to use them exclusively for a couple of weeks, just to figure out how to get them to work.

D

Deleted member 1881

I do find the triple-milled a lot more work to dial in. Typically have to use them exclusively for a couple of weeks, just to figure out how to get them to work.
LEA has a triple milled soap I believe and it is very easy to lather.

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I guess I've been lucky, as I've never had a horrible soap. I have very little experience with artisans; most of soaps I use are made by stable old manufacturers. Of those soaps I've tried I think that Derby & Arko are my least favourite, primarily because they leave my skin feeling unnaturally taut and dry. But they do provide a protective shave, and I continue to use Arko on occasion simply because I own several sticks. Tabac is a quality soap that I tried several years ago but I'm not taken by the scent, so I never bought it again. I see Razorock getting knocked about in this thread- my only experience with Razorock soap is Santa Maria del Fiore, and I think its one of the most outstanding soaps I've used.

TobyC

Patriot
All soaps work well, it's up to the user to make it happen. Fellas used to use bar soap, and they were happy. :D