Adox
Über Member
I’m still relatively new to DE shaving. I’m maybe 3 months in and have been having various results. Although I have 3 different razors, a couple of brushes and various blades I tried to keep it as consistent as possible hardware wise to get my technique better while trying to find a blade that I really liked.
I seem to have found that in the Gillette 7 o clock super stainless. I’ve been using that the last few weeks with a Henson medium razor and been getting pretty good results. In fact the best of any blade I’ve tried so far.
Tonight I tried the blade in a Gillette King C razor and I’ve had the near perfect shave. 3 passes and a couple of pick ups and I have a near BBS shave all over with no irritation whatsoever and no nicks. The one thing I don’t like about the Henson is it’s lack of weight. It makes me think I’m using a cartridge razor and I subconsciously use it like one which isn’t good for my skin.
With the extra weight of the Gillette I seem to have found the sweet spot for me for a blade razor combo.
I’m going to stick with this combination for the next few months until good shaving technique becomes muscle memory and then maybe will venture out again into different combinations.
How long did it take you guys before you felt you had that perfect shave? That BBS, irritation and nick free shave?
I seem to have found that in the Gillette 7 o clock super stainless. I’ve been using that the last few weeks with a Henson medium razor and been getting pretty good results. In fact the best of any blade I’ve tried so far.
Tonight I tried the blade in a Gillette King C razor and I’ve had the near perfect shave. 3 passes and a couple of pick ups and I have a near BBS shave all over with no irritation whatsoever and no nicks. The one thing I don’t like about the Henson is it’s lack of weight. It makes me think I’m using a cartridge razor and I subconsciously use it like one which isn’t good for my skin.
With the extra weight of the Gillette I seem to have found the sweet spot for me for a blade razor combo.
I’m going to stick with this combination for the next few months until good shaving technique becomes muscle memory and then maybe will venture out again into different combinations.
How long did it take you guys before you felt you had that perfect shave? That BBS, irritation and nick free shave?