Your EDC functions check list

How many of these tasks/functions can you perform w/ just your EDC kit?

  • Open a bottle cap w/out hitting the bottle on the side of the table, etc ;-)

    Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Cut open a box / sharpen a pencil

    Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Screwdriver (flathead/slotted, philips)

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Write a note on a piece of paper

    Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Entertain yourself for 30 mins (spinner, music, etc)

    Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Light up a dark room (non-fire)

    Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Start a fire

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Reply to a post on ATG

    Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Pay for a coffee

    Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Tell what time it is

    Votes: 9 100.0%

  • Total voters
    9

Darkbulb

Member #10
Just for fun - which of these ten functions can YOU do if you have nothing but your everyday EDC kit with you (i.e. your keyring items and whatever you normally carry in your bag/pockets)

Note: not what you COULD bring with you to do...but the things you DO have with you, say today;

 

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
I have a Victorinox swiss army knife attached to my keychain so I can do most of the above with that! The only thing I didn't tick, was start a fire... but I'm sure I'd find a way with what I had :hyper:
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I managed to tick all of the above and can add some more:
- Measure the size of objects up to 1 metre
- Charge a mobile phone
- Entertain the cat with a laser pointer.
(The laser pointer is only in a pocket of my jacket so I know where it is when the cat is bored)
Starting a fire was a tricky choice - I sometimes do have a lighter on me, but not often.
The nano torch on my key ring will not light up any dark room I would fit into :rolleyes:
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
I managed to tick all of the above and can add some more:
- Measure the size of objects up to 1 metre
- Charge a mobile phone
- Entertain the cat with a laser pointer.
(The laser pointer is only in a pocket of my jacket so I know where it is when the cat is bored)
Starting a fire was a tricky choice - I sometimes do have a lighter on me, but not often.
The nano torch on my key ring will not light up any dark room I would fit into :rolleyes:
I wanted to add 'open a corked bottle of wine' - would that had been in your bag of tricks as well? :)
 

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I wanted to add 'open a corked bottle of wine' - would that had been in your bag of tricks as well? :)
It would be on holidays, when I have a small Swiss Army knife with corkscrew with me :D
The Swiss Army knife lives in a pocket inside my suitcase. I don't carry it around with me in my daily life..
I haven't actually used it to open a bottle of wine with, as I also take a proper corkscrew with me on holidays, but even in Greece more and more wine bottles have a screw top now. That's a good thing.
 

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
Top